Staff Software Engineer (Remote Eligible)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Okta is the leading independent provider of enterprise identity. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers
The vision is to make Okta the de facto provider of the cloud identity and access management, and help customers migrate to cloud based identity and access management solution.
Identity Governance and Administration (IGA) team is one of the fastest moving teams in Okta. Our mission is to build a unified IAM and Governance solution so that our customers can improve their security posture while mitigating modern security risks and increasing efficiency. We just launched our first release this summer and we are looking for more talented people joining us to redefine what a modern Governance solution should look like.
As an engineer in IGA team, you will
- Discuss, challenge and iterate the product design together with the product team
- Build highly resilient and scalable Okta Identity Governance solution
- Design and build REST API to be used by 7000+ Okta customers and partners
- Work with management and architects to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies
- Write Unit Test, Functional Test and Integration Test
- Participate in scrum activities, including daily standup, planning, review, retro, etc
- 8 years+ of software development experience, with at least 1 years experience building highly resilient and scalable enterprise software
- Experience with high performance MySQL environments
- Experience with REST API design
- Experience with Java, C#, or C++
- Experience with server-side technologies including caching, asynchronous processing, and multi-threading
Nice to Haves
- Exposure to gRPC API development
- Exposure to micro service architecture
- Experience with Spring and Hibernate
Education and Training
- Bachelors in Computer Science, or relevant industry experience
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $154,000/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.