Incident Management Program Manager
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
As an Incident Management Program Manager in the Engineering Infrastructure & Security TPM Team you will be in a leadership position within the Engineering organization.In this role you will be leading Engineering Incident Management efforts, proactively collaborating with various stakeholders. You will partner with various groups across Engineering, Customer First, Product Management, and Security to design, build and operate organizational processes to respond to service incidents and customer issues. You will be the point person for clarifying strategic level goals and outlining the operational plans to achieve them. You will work within and across scrum teams to prioritize and execute on key deliverables in support of this program.Employing both a strategic and tactical approach is a requirement in this role. You will not only have strong TPM experience, but also experience implementing operational processes within Engineering or Infrastructure teams in a SaaS and agile environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead incident management efforts, proactively collaborating with Engineering, Product and Support organizations.
- Continue to improve the existing incident management process by helping to update or build new processes based on the historical data and trends.
- Own and manage the E2E Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process within Engineering, which is used in response to service incidents and customer reported issues.
- Act as an interface between Support and Engineering teams while managing incidents and customer expectations.
- Evaluate/Analyze trends in the incidents and root causes for common themes to prevent re-occurrences.
- Lead teams to prepare, investigate, and manage incidents, analyze data, and reach conclusions.
- Develop dashboard/reports to track the incidents, root causes and action items..
- Identify gaps and lead the introduction of new processes and iterations on existing processes within Engineering in support of our customers and service reliability and availability,
- Structure, kick-off, and run continuous and/or time-bound initiatives within and beyond the Engineering organization - clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, defining program plan and process flows, and providing continuous transparency.
- Provide clear and crisp transparency to the status and progress of Engineering initiatives and operational programs.
- Minimum 5 years of technical program management experience in a SaaS product development environment – kicking off and managing cross-organizational programs.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in SaaS product development environment in related areas such as Incident management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; experience effectively communicating and presenting to teams located across different locations and people ranging from individual team members to C-level executives.
- Strong leadership skills; able to successfully influence without authority
- Strong technical aptitude/affinity; experience working directly with software, test and/or system engineers.
- Self-starter, able to multi-task and organize workload in an ambiguous and constantly changing, fast paced environment while bringing clarity to the teams.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Training in Agile and Scrum
((Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum Base Salary $135,000/year + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.