Manager, Revenue Accounting
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
worldwide revenue accounting and order-to-cash operations by providing leadership, accounting expertise, business sense, and a strong desire to improve processes and controls. This role will
also partner with our business partners to advise on deal structures and terms to ensure compliance with our policy. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, and a CPA, in-depth knowledge of accounting operations and experience in working cross-functionally between teams in a public company environment. The candidate must have strong organization and communication skills, be detail oriented and hands-on.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review sales arrangements to ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP and internal policies
- Work collaboratively with IT, Revenue Operations, Professional Services, and FP&A to drive best practices in revenue
- Provide support to Deal Strategy, Legal and Order Management teams on deal structure and guidance on the contractual terms for revenue compliance and optimization
- Support the month-end and quarter-end close for revenue accounting as needed
- Support quarterly and year-end audit requests and drive issue resolution
- Drive or assist in ad hoc projects and analysis for continued optimization of our revenue processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred
- Big 4 Public accounting experience preferred
- Mix of 5+ years of public accounting and SaaS/Software industry experience
- Experience supporting Deals Desk, Legal and/or Sales team during the deal negotiations for revenue compliance
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “out-of the box”
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint software applications and Google Suite
- Experience with systems including Zuora RevPro, NetSuite, Salesforce and FinancialForce preferred
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $117,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.