Staff Backend Developer - Okta Personal (Remote Eligible)
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Today there are millions of websites, mobile apps, and API services in the world, and most of these depend on identity as a key layer to deliver value. However the end user experiences for creating, managing and using one’s identity on these apps and services have not significantly changed in the last two decades. Users are still dealing with hundreds of usernames and passwords to proxy their relationships with businesses. As Okta, we believe the users are ready for a better experience, and our goal is to fundamentally rethink and redefine what the future of identity looks like across the Internet.
We are a small, agile and growing team of talented engineers, who are bringing Okta’s expertise and experience in identity to the personal world. With emphasis on a consumer-first mindset, we leverage rapid iteration and ongoing experimentation to build the best product for our users. Working cross-functionally with Product, Design, Research and others, we depend on our ability to communicate openly and collaborate well. We’re looking for great engineering talent to build this team with us to help define the future of personal identity on the internet, and make digital living safe and seamless for everyone.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver highly scalable software used daily by millions of users
- Drive evaluation, development, and roll-out of new features in web and mobile web applications
- Help with design and code reviews. Ensure high programming standards by writing unit and functional tests.
- Continuously improve developer velocity and efficiency by contributing to build and deploy processes, test automation, and modern mobile application development practices.
- Collaborate across Product, Design, Operations and Security teams
- Mentor new engineering hires and interns
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years developing public facing, RESTful APIs
- 2+ years of experience in technical leadership roles
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Java, Spring, Hibernate
- Familiarity with OIDC, IAM, PKI
- Mobile web development experience
- Experience with modern cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science or related field
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $154,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.