Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for an Identity Engineer to join the Federal function of the Okta-on-Okta Team within the Business Technology organization at Okta. The Okta-on-Okta team owns, configures, and manages our internal workforce, customer, and federal instances of the Okta platform with the aim of showcasing them as the reference implementation for how identity challenges can and should be solved using Okta technology. In this role you will report to the Manager of Okta on Okta Federal and be on the forefront of developing capabilities for and supporting our GovCloud service. If you have a passion for using identity to empower and enable internal and external customers while working with new technology in a high-energy & supportive team, then this is the opportunity for you.
Support Okta’s own implementation of Okta for our Federal workforce and customer identity use cases, and constantly find opportunities for improvement so our own implementation is the reference implementation of Okta technology
- Contribute to projects to improve the maturity, user experience and capabilities of our Okta implementation based on business needs and stakeholder requirements
- Develop new solutions to workforce and customer identity business challenges and cross-train other team members
- Configuration and management of the Okta instance that supports our internal business needs, including policy management, app integration, and feature implementation to ensure FedRAMP High controls are met
- Partner with our Security Compliance organizations to improve Okta's Security posture
- Partner with our Sales and Customer Success organizations to provide feedback and consultation to customers on how we have solved for certain use cases within Okta
- Participate in an on-call rotation to ensure our internal operations teams can provide rapid support for environment and service availability issues.
- Provide Level 3 support for longstanding BT Support requests
- Create and maintain technical documentation for the team to reference and share with our internal customers
- Influence business stakeholders to adopt newly release identity management capabilities
- Support efforts to mature the Okta-on-Okta team’s processes, including configuration management, user lifecycle management, UX improvements, and opportunities for automation and self-service
- Solid experience implementing and/or supporting enterprise IAM solutions, experience with Okta technologies strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of general industry IAM concepts and best practices, particularly relating to SSO, MFA, IGA, and PAM
- Experience with RESTful APIs, scripting, SQL, and other supporting technologies a plus
- Basic knowledge of SDLC and agile methodologies
- 3+ years’ experience implementing and/or supporting enterprise IAM solutions
- Experience working in FedRAMP environments preferred
- US Person Status (e.g., a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee) *
- This position requires the ability to access federal environments and/or have access to protected federal data. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum base of $117,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.