Staff Software Engineer (macOS) - Okta Join
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Okta is the leading provider of identity and access management for enterprises. Every day, Okta enables millions of users to securely and seamlessly access their work resources to be productive. These resources include cloud services, on-premise resources, and enterprise services. Okta provides best-in-class convenient access and safeguards such access.
About the Team
This is a newly formed team that owns identity experience for device access. Our vision is to extend Okta Identity services to corporate devices, to own device identity, and to extend it from desktop login to access applications. We delight our users by giving them easy, secure, and convenient passwordless access to their machines and by extending that experience when they access resources on their machines.
We have great ambitions and an aggressive roadmap to build new products. Come join us on an exciting journey!
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate and experienced software engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate should have solid experience in macOS or iOS development and be enthusiastic about writing macOS client software. The role gives the candidate a great opportunity to learn about interesting problems in security and identity space. It also has a lot of visibility within Okta and has great growth potential. More specifically the responsibilities include:
- Analyze and Refine requirements with Product Management and Engineering. Create and review technical designs and proposals. Prototype macOS client components
- Design, and develop applications and services on macOS. Implement unit/functional tests and end-end tests
- Review software design and peer's code, address bugs, fix production issues
- Minimum of 5+ years of software development experience including 4 years of recent experience building iOS or macOS software development
- Strong development and debugging skills on macOS or iOS
- Hands-on experience in writing Swift, Objective-C code
- Experience working in an agile software development team leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices
Nice to Have
- Experience with macOS internals, Credential Manager, Understanding of Apple system extensions, keychain, and app permission models
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and architecture
- Experience with CI/CD environment, bug reporting tools, crash reporting system for macOS or iOS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.