Software Engineer Intern, Customer Identity Cloud (Summer 2023)
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 10,000 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Our Customer Identity Cloud is an easy to implement, authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make applications’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in.
Location: U.S. or Canada
Position Description: We are looking for University students pursuing a Computer Science or related degree who are interested in a 12-week Summer 2023 Internship and that are passionate about building large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will share our passion and pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution. You are a problem solver who cares about making a meaningful impact and enjoys working as part of a collaborative, high growth, distributed team.
You will join one of our Engineer Domains: Identity Access Management (IAM), Developer Experience, or Platform Engineering.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement high-performance, scalable, reusable and maintainable software that will see real-world action
- Work with engineering teams to define project scope and understand our planning process
- Participate in test-driven development, design and code reviews
- Contribute iterative improvements to our systems
- Collaborate across Engineering, Product Management, Security and Design teams to solve technical and non-technical challenges
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Interest in software development experience, and testing that supports building highly reliable, mission-critical software
- Ability to program in at least one OO programming language (e.g. Java, C++ and/or Python)
- Understanding of concepts like Web Services, SOA, REST APIs
- Able to apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real world problems
- Familiarity with Node.js applications
- Past summer internship experience, ideally in enterprise software companies
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote-friendly environment.
Okta's Intern Program:
As an intern, you’ll do real work that matters. While you’re on board, you’ll work on meaningful projects and have an opportunity to see what working at Okta is all about. You’ll also have the support of your mentor and manager to help you develop new skills.
Our interns have the opportunity to build a strong community - with their fellow interns, within their teams, and with the broader company. We want you to grow professionally and you’ll do that through participating in events like our Executive Speaker Series and Brown Bags. And of course, we want you to have fun too.
Interns may choose the format of their internship: either in-person at one of our Okta offices, or virtually. We give our interns the opportunity to choose the option that best suits their needs.
We offer 12 week internships in the U.S. in the Summer and 16 week co-ops in Canada.
Education and Training: (In progress - Dec. 2023 or May/June 2024 Grad) BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
Okta is committed to building an inclusive work environment where all Oktanauts feel welcomed as their authentic selves—inclusive of all genders, sexual orientations, ethnicities, races, education, ages, or other personal characteristics.
Okta is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.