PS - Senior Business Architect
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
We believe the Business Architect at Okta is a creative storyteller impassioned by our Customer’s story who is compelled to help them write the next chapter in their digital journey. In many ways you are a transformation strategist. You can understand complex, abstract challenges and can articulate them in simple & concrete terms. You have a solid technology background to understand how complex IT organizations operate and how Identity Solutions influence that landscape. You have a keen eye to not only seek out customer pain & risks to remediate, but also search for solutions that can optimize business values and outcomes. You have the powerful combination of being technically savvy & having business insight. You act as an empathetic, objective, trusted advisor and know the credibility & experience you bring to any customer conversation is an invaluable currency. As a Business Architect at Okta, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers and helping set their roadmap on what is possible using Okta’s Identity Platform.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the sales & services teams in helping customers understand what they can achieve with Okta
- Digests customer requirements and articulates the business value of solving business problems using cloud technology
- Owns business architecture workshops and leads customer discussions that will transform customer’s digital experiences, IT infrastructure, and security posture.
- Crafts collaborative, engaging workshop material that synthesizes known customer experiences and sequences what is possible with Okta.
- Understands how to architect an optimal user experiences and how it is influenced by business process & technology
- Collaborates effectively with partners (GSIs & boutique firms) in a shared vision of delivering success to Okta customers
- Captures key insights learned from the field and seeks to continuously evolve delivery frameworks and models.
- Contributes to thought leadership (articles, whitepapers, blogs) that increases Okta Professional Services’ content capital.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A passion to advocate for the customer, which has been expressed through previous functional or technical delivery & customer-facing roles, such as technology consulting
- Ability to build trusted relationships required to be successful in a customer environment
- An elite writer, facilitator, and storyteller to the entire spectrum of customer audiences (from individual contributors to business stakeholders to executive leadership)
- A quick learner who requires minimal (but reasonable) preparation time speak with confidence about a customer sales or delivery scenario
- Able to set clear delivery expectations and met commitments with minimal revision
- Positively influence and operate effectively within the traditional context of a software delivery lifecycle project - adhere to project scope, schedule, and budget
- Experience working both independently and in large-scale, matrixed-team environments
- Exercises a problem solving mindset and mature judgment to prioritize work & effort that will inform customers’ future-state identity investment roadmap
- Well versed in user experience & business process optimization
- Discover and explore overall business architecture through persona definitions and journey maps to quantify Identity Solutions and inform technical design
- Ability to work with technical team members as well as functional team members on delivery projects & programs
- An expert in core SaaS principles
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol (eg. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP)
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- Coach and mentor more junior team members as necessary on projects & programs
- Typically 10-25% travel
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred.
- 8+ years experience
(Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE $193,000/year + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.