Director of Global Onboarding
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications. Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost. Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
To learn more about Okta, visit:https://www.okta.com .
As a Director of Employee Onboarding at Okta, Inc., you will develop and implement company-wide New employee Onboarding programs that deliver an exciting, positive and seamless employee experience for our new employees. As Okta’s Employee Onboarding leader, you will work with many partners across HR, technology and other groups to design, develop and implement the new employee onboarding programs. You will apply a forward-thinking, employee-centric approach to make employee onboarding programs a competitive differentiator. This role is a unique combination of strategic, operational, and tactical leadership where you will utilize your industry expertise. The ideal candidate will be passionate about crafting innovative and world class new employee experiences, be able to work collaboratively across all levels of the organization, detail-oriented with a get-things-done attitude. This person will have great planning and communication skills, be highly organized, positive and able to thrive in a fast paced environment.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the team responsible for OktaU’s new employee onboarding program.
- Partner with all stakeholders (client partners, HR Ops, OktaU Technical College, Employee Experience, etc.) to deliver on employee onboarding initiatives, e.g., the 12-month Oktavate learning journey, and operations.
- Use people-related data to drive better decision making and develop key metrics to review effectiveness of onboarding investments and programs.
- Develop and lead efforts that bring our culture and values to life as part of OktaU’s new employee onboarding experience.
- Review and update new employee onboarding communications to ensure a consistent voice.
- Conduct assessments, focus groups, etc., to better understand and determine pain points.
- Lead the team to design, develop, and implement global new employee onboarding process improvements and measure results.
- Align processes & solutions with cross functional teams and ensure global consistency while maintaining local flexibility as needed.
- Manage escalations and issues related to new employee onboarding.
- Thrive in a fast-moving environment with the ability to prioritize work while still maintaining positive relationships.
- Influence across multiple teams and groups without direct authority, collaborating to identify solutions that achieve shared results.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10+ years of learning and development experience, including analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation.
- 10+ years in a learning and development organization.
- Experience working in the technology industry & working remotely to HQ, as well as working across multiple global regions and cultures.
- Strong program management, teamwork, execution and organizational skills.
- Solid and persuasive verbal, written and consulting communication skills, strong presentation skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, especially senior level leaders.
- Strategic thinker with a global mindset.
- Self-directed, seasoned HR leader with experience at designing and rapidly implementing new programs.
- Proven coaching, developing and people management skills.
- Analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Project management skills and leading cross-functional teams.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only) Minimum OTE of $178,000/year + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.