HRIS Manager, People Digital Solutions
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
The HRIS Manager, People Digital Solutions is both a strategic and hands-on role where you will be a team player responsible for partnering with Business Technology on our roadmap and ensuring we have the right systems and processes in place to deliver an exceptional end-user experience. You will also work across departments and geographies, interacting with our partners in Payroll, BT, Finance, Security, and across the People & Places team. If you are passionate about problem-solving and driving transformation through automation, then we are looking for you!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help our team ensure data accuracy and seamless ongoing enhancements of new Workday features and functionality including Advanced Compensation, Talent Management, Security functions and features; be the primary point of contact for data gathering, testing, and communication with key stakeholders and internal Business Technology teams.
- Be comfortable and confident with gathering configuration requirements.
- Assist with broadening internal knowledge of Workday configuration through hands-on training to cross-functional teams.
- Build reports to support Payroll, Benefits, Compensation and other areas of the Workday product
- Drive prioritization process across COEs, PbPs, and BT for monthly commits and partner with BT on overall priorities and roadmap across Workday, Simplr, ServiceNow, EdCast, and additional applications leveraged by the People & Places team.
- Advise COEs on technology capabilities; Understand needs of COEs, prioritize enhancement requests, and uncover opportunities for automation.
- Analyze the effectiveness of current technology solutions and keep stakeholders informed of project progress by preparing and reviewing status reports to ensure on-time delivery of solutions.
- Be a conduit between the HR and BT teams to answer questions or escalate issues as needed; Foster best practice discussions among COEs and end users to realize process improvements and workforce efficiencies.
- Co-create, with process owners, the most efficient business processes across the People & Places org utilizing existing HR systems.
- Drive adoption and usage of HR system changes and/or new tool launches across the People Team.
- Facilitate end-user knowledge transfer through the development of HR systems documentation, training sessions and ongoing COE touchpoint.
- Proactively communicate priorities and roadmap updates to stakeholders.
- Manage the deployment of new systems functionality, processes and/or integrations in partnership with IT and HR, including executing UAT and providing end-user training.
- Become escalation POC for systemic deficiencies and/or issues and existing teams utilizing HR Systems.
- Work with the BT teams and COEs to ensure new processes, system enhancements and integrations are properly tested and documented.
- Keep current on new HRSD releases, enhancements and communicate potential process improvements as well as ensuring solution designs are in line with scalable best practices.
- Maintain and support ad-hoc reporting needs.
- Develop and maintain a governance structure that effectively manages the recommendations from COEs with HR employee experience guidelines for global service delivery.
- Leverage technology to automate and optimize experiences including but not limited to portal, knowledge management, case management, lifecycle events, reporting and dashboards.
- Collaboratively develop the business case for new products, improvements to existing products and business ventures.
- 5+ years of HR experience, with an emphasis in HR Systems/Operations in a fast-paced tech company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated expertise in managing HCM cloud solutions with Workday
- Functional Workday experience with HCM/Talent/Compensation Workday applications.
- Deep HRIS knowledge and vendor management experience is crucial
- Experience successfully managing large HRIS systems implementations; multiple implementation experience is highly preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast paced environment and effectively collaborate across teams
- Strong project management skills to oversee complex projects
- Strong analytical, multitasking and interpersonal skills required
- Exceptional people skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with both a technical audience and business users
- Be proficient in HCM, Compensation, Talent Management, Security Administration, and Business Process Configuration
- Strong expertise with Workday report writing
- Proven track record of managing cross-functional partnerships, (ie, business leadership up to C-suite, IT, Finance, Legal, and HR).
- Ability to manage a portfolio of projects in a fast-paced environment, adapting to shifting priorities.
- EIBs and calculated fields a plus
- Hands-on experience with SaaS Applicant Tracking Systems (Greenhouse) preferred
- Hands-on experience developing and enhancing custom reports and dashboards in SaaS or enterprise systems.
- Previous experience with ServiceNow, EdCast, Greenhouse, Simplr, Glean, Cornerstone, and Expressa is preferred
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.