Sr. Manager, Technical Product Management - Analytics
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
The digital product management team at Okta is embarking on a digital transformation to evolve our brand experience and unify the full customer lifecycle experience across our digital ecosystem. Our web properties are at the core of Okta’s digital ecosystem and a vital part of our brand experience. This is where our users can learn about our product offerings, request a demo, find resources on our products, discover career opportunities, sign-up and attend our events, sign-up for a free-trial, explore our large integration network, chat with our customer support, and many more great digital experiences.
To support this growth, we’re looking for a Senior Manager, Technical Product Management - Analytics to join our digital product management and engineering team to build out the future of our analytics platform.
What you will be doing…
As a highly motivated and experienced Senior Manager, Technical Product Management - Analytics you will collaborate with business and analytics stakeholders to own the strategy and delivery roadmap of our Analytics platform suite of tools. To be successful, you will:
- Product Strategy and Management: Own and establish the Analytics platform vision and roadmap for our digital marketing organization that provides our web and marketing performance analytics. Leads system solution evaluations and product due diligence for buy versus build, including short- and long-term product strategies. Be the go-to product expert in your area for other internal teams, executives, sales, marketing, customers, and partners. You will have detailed knowledge of your product area today as well as a broad vision for the future.
- Collaboration: Work closely with leadership, digital, marketers, engineering, partners, and other web property owners to define user, business, and product requirements, technical considerations and strategic objectives to deliver strategic and tactical plans and objectives. Being the advocate for the stakeholder and owning / understanding their use cases and problems to solve.
- Project and Delivery Management: Drive and own the design and implementation of the product roadmap. Ensures clear communication of project scopes, timing, prioritization, budgets, resource needs, and progress on an ongoing basis. Manage vendor relationships and implementation deliverables. Maintain the existing analytics platforms and support their associated SLAs in data processing/accuracy/freshness.
- Leadership: Drives business process changes necessary to simplify and optimize operations and adoption of products; exemplify change management needs. Be inclusive in hiring and recruiting company builders, and on the constant lookout for the best talent of all backgrounds!
Who you are …
- Minimum 12 years of related experience with 5+ in product management - strategy, management consulting or similar role also applicable
- Deep understanding and experience with different Analytics platform, e.g Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, BigQuery, ContentSquare, Testing and Optimization tools
- Excellent critical thinking, and data-driven problem-solving skills and a strong ability to work with complex and detailed data
- Experience with agile methodologies like scrum for software development
- Excellent collaborator and communicator to align with and forward movement across the organization towards a unified direction
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations with a newly created team and charter
- Demonstrated ability to think globally/strategically and frame new and complex issues - a serious thought leader that can make strategic choices and help focus the organization on the most critical and value-added activities
- Must be willing to roll up sleeves and get work done - a productive contributor to detailed content, with a strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Proficient at project management and senior management communication, strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with senior leaders
- Ability to drive and execute product measurement and articulate health, success, and impact to business through data
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships
Okta Core Values:
- Love our customers: Our customers are our number-one priority, and we know if they’re successful, so are we.
- Never stop innovating: We are a company of builders, and we are driven to confront the hard problems and solve them.
- Act with integrity: We always treat each other, our customers, our partners, and our extended community with honesty.
- Be transparent: We know that maintaining an open flow of information across teams, among individuals, up and down and around the company, is crucial to how we work.
- Empower our people: We are a diverse, passionate community of people who deeply care about our products, brand, and culture.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado only*) Minimum Salary of $154,000/year + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.