Senior Software Engineer, Azure Integrations
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 10,000 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Okta is an enterprise-grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta you can manage access across any application, person, or device. Whether the people are employees, partners, or customers, or the applications are in the cloud, on-premises, or on a mobile device, Okta helps you become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance. The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built-in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on-premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
About Okta Azure Integrations team
Azure Integrations team focuses on building an integration between Okta and Microsoft, which includes various Office 365 applications and on-prem SharePoint. The integration provides customers options with flexibility and security in authentication, authorization, provisioning & deprovisioning, and license & role management with Azure Active Directory.
Our elite team is fast, innovative, and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies, and the chance to have a significant impact in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with engineering teams, QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation, UX team and TechOps team
- Test-driven development, design and code reviews
- Design and implement high-performance distributed scalable and fault-tolerant software components.
- Have a high bar for test-driven development, security principles, design and code reviews while harboring a sense of urgency.
- Be able to work independently and help mentor junior engineers.
- Own features and/or systems and define their long-term health and observability and reliability metrics.
- Influence proactively and widely through work deliverables as well as thought leadership.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years of full stack software development experience building highly reliable, mission-critical software.
- Experience working with systems of scale ranging from monolithic applications to microservices.
- Experience with server-side technologies including caching, asynchronous processing, and multi-threading. We use Java, Spring, Hibernate, Redis.
- Experience with databases (e.g.MySQL, Postgres) and high performance (high-availability, low-latency) environments.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work across functions and time zones
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $135,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.