Director of Marketing Operations
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Okta Marketing is seeking a seasoned marketing operations leader who will bring deep expertise in marketing infrastructure, automation and processes to help us deliver on our ambitious growth objectives.
The Director of Marketing Operations will be responsible for the strategy, design and implementation of processes to ensure smooth operations across marketing execution, lead capture and lead delivery to Sales. You will also manage our marketing technology stack and implement insight-driven measurement systems to help marketers improve performance. You will be an instrumental partner to the global marketing leadership team and drive impact across a variety of functions: Demangen, Web, Digital, Events, Sales Development and Partner Marketing. You will also actively partner with our Business Technology and Sales Operations teams.
The ideal candidate brings expertise in marketing automation, CRM, broad set of marketing technologies, fluency working with data and quantitative reasoning, excellent written and verbal communication skills, a deep understanding of B2B sales and demand gen, and most importantly, a passion for teamwork and collaboration. The ideal candidate has experience in a fast paced high growth environment with technology companies, SaaS or enterprise software.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Marketing Automation and Process: Manage all processes related to marketing automation. Continuously optimize the end-to-end lead flow generated by marketing programs and drive volume and velocity of qualified leads. Partner with Sales Development leadership for effective follow-up.
- Database Management: Own the process and governance for growing a healthy marketing database of prospects and customers, which Marketing and Sales effectively use for pipeline generation. Drive lead enrichment, database record management and partner with the demandgen team to increase engagement.
- Marketing Tech Stack: Own the business requirements for data architecture within the marketing technology stack. Ensure the marketing technology portfolio supports robust operations. Manage the global marketing technology investments and drive efficiency.
- Enablement: Manage the on-boarding and training of our team of marketers to best use the tools and processes marketing operations has developed for them. Manage the documentation of marketing processes and definitions.
Required Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of Marketing strategy, operations or analytics experience
- Drive. Exceptional structured thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to convey complex ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while dealing with ambiguity
- Strong leadership skills and track-record of leading a high-performing team
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively across functionally and geographically distributed teams
- Deep expertise in managing a rich portfolio of marketing technologies (automation, enrichment, lead scoring, sales development effectiveness)
- B2B SaaS experience preferred
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.