Senior Manager, Technical Consulting
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, hands-on leader who can rapidly learn the Okta value proposition and apply it to customers of all sizes. This is a key leader of the Professional Services organization accountable for the implementation of Okta services. You have experience managing a technical team, resource forecasting, change management and operational excellence for PS teams. You have a deep understanding of reporting and metrics as well as capacity planning and utilization targets. You will have a strong Consulting background with an ability to handle multiple work streams and be deeply comfortable with client issues and resolutions.
You are responsible for collaborating with leaders and team members across the Global Professional Services organization for the planning and deployment of the solution for our customers to ensure we are providing the appropriate services for their success.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the Director, Architecture with oversight and accountability for professional services billings/revenue, customer satisfaction, resources, and utilization.
- Responsible for hiring, growing, and retaining PS Technical Consulting team members wholly focused on our customers’ success.
- Provide direct management, mentoring, and support to the Technical Consultants to ensure their continued technical, professional, and career growth
- Demonstrate / improve our repeatable implementation methodology to rapidly enable customers to adopt the Okta service
- Work closely with the Business Operations, Finance and Legal teams to ensure the proper post-implementation activities are accounted for and in compliance with the corporate policies.
- Primary customer liaison managing relationships and communication between project team, customer, and internal stakeholders
- Represent Okta Professional Services across multiple engagements and workstreams
- Ensure customer success from beginning to end of the engagement life cycle
- Manage project budgets to customer and Okta expectations
- Continue to upskill team members to ensure team has the expertise and capabilities to successfully deliver Okta to customers
- 5+ years’ experience leading teams (supervisory responsibilities).
- 5+ years’ experience as an implementation consulting delivering solutions to external customers.
- 5+ years’ experience in Identity & Access Management.
- Authority in technologies and protocols to support identity federation and robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, OAuth, OpenID Connect).
- Familiarity with IAM solution providers is strongly desired.
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise web technologies and security.
- Ability to work independently and multi-functionally supporting the development of client work you're doing.
- General knowledge of modern cloud architectures as well as complex enterprise on-premises IT landscapes.
- Knowledge of typical enterprise identity life cycle management processes and standards.
- Ability to Multi-task and manage multiple customer engagements is a requirement.
- Able and willing to be a hands-on contributor.
- Experience in Process Improvement, Decision-making, Managing Processes, Planning, Analyzing Information and Developing Standards.
- Software development experience preferred (Java, .Net, PHP, REST/JSON, etc.).
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work and interact with CxO’s and high-level customer executives.
- Can “own the room” and drive integration sessions.
- Uses active listening skills to figure out and understand the customer's business goals, objectives and priorities.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information thoughtfully.
- Superb communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging and crisis management.
Team and Customer Interaction:
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Provides technical leadership on delivery methodologies.
- Communicates effectively with customers, team members and management.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manages client expectations effectively.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline required.
- Okta Certified Consultant and Okta Certified Developer will be a plus.
- TOGAF and/or CISSP certification is a plus.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $193,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.