Developer Support Engineer, [Japanese speaking]
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you hereWe are seeking individuals with technical support experience to provide complex support services of the Auth0 SaaS solution. Reporting to the Regional Support Lead, this individual will work closely with our customers to provide break-fix support, operational maintenance, and support services. This position is an integral part of Auth0's long-term relationship with its global customers, and the efforts put forth by this individual will directly impact the long-term success of the relationship. In order to succeed in this team, this individual must have the passion and energy to work in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment..
- Support and maintain customers who have implemented the Auth0 SaaS solution, resolving technical and non-technical customer issues in a timely fashion
- Operational management of Support tickets
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with clients and achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Work as part of our extended support team in a startup atmosphere, doing whatever it takes to exceed customer expectations
- Use your business and technical analysis skills and knowledge of the Development lifecycle to solve complex issues and promote best practices
- Collaborate with other departments in the company to achieve customer satisfaction
- 2 years+ of technical support and/or software development OR 2-5 years+ of solid experience in a business or technical analyst role for medium to large scale business software implementation projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter — able to come up to speed on complex, difficult concepts with minimal assistance
- Ability to quickly context-switch between multiple complex work streams
- Instinctive ability to subdivide problems into basic components in order to efficiently pinpoint the root cause of issues
- Customer-obsessed attitude — a customer advocate, always going the extra mile
- Team player with solid communication and presentation skills
- Proactivity — identify opportunities and take preemptive action against potential problems
- Continuous growth — permanently look for areas of improvement, make plans on how to improve them, and execute those plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Japanese and English
Technical Domain Focus
- Knowledge of software development fundamentals and common architectures
- Knowledge of HTTP, encryption, basic security concepts
- Understanding of authentication and authorization concepts
- Knowledge of one or more auth protocols/specifications: OAuth2, OIDC, SAML, WS-FED, LDAP, Azure AD, etc.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends and holidays (Rotation Required)
- 6pm-3am EST, 5pm-2am CST, 4pm-1am MST, 3pm-12am PST
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $103,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.