Senior Director, Head of Monetization and GTM Pricing Strategy
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Okta is seeking a world-class product & monetization strategy executive to identify and drive business growth strategies across the Okta product portfolio. Reporting to the Global Vice President of Business Planning, the Head of Monetization and GTM Pricing Strategy will lead the creation of monetization strategy proposals, application of new monetization models, discounting optimization strategies and models, identification and pursuit of new go to market growth strategies, quantitative market research and analysis, customer and field validation for innovation launches and updates at Okta. He/she will drive strategy decision approvals and ensure downstream implementation dependencies are lined up to operationalize.
This role requires strong cross functional executive collaboration and influencing along with the ability to deal with ambiguity while building and transforming for scale. This leader will have team management responsibilities to drive product coverage and support scale. The person in this role will work across product management and GTM leadership teams to determine the best monetization strategy and plans as we launch new innovations. He/she will drive and maintain the monetization strategy roadmap. In addition, this leader will work with product management and business operations teams to implement pricing and packaging changes within the product and the quote to cash systems. Finally, this leader will be responsible to drive the change management and alignment to ensure that the proposal lands successfully with the field and customers.
As Okta rapidly launches new innovations and expands into new markets, this role is critical to our success. A successful leader in this role will have a combination of skills across product strategy & management, customer research and market insights, business strategy, analytics, program management, communication, influencing and collaboration.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Define and launch monetization and go to market growth strategies that will help Okta scale to $4B+ in revenue
- Work closely with leaders in the product management, product marketing and GTM teams to craft new packaging and pricing strategy proposals, evaluate and apply new business models and monetization strategies for new and to existing product innovations.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative customer and market research (ex. Conjoint).
- Gather GTM team feedback on pricing proposals.
- Provide well-reasoned packaging and pricing recommendations to leaders across the organization and the executive team.
- Drive cross-sell and up-sell opportunities through pricing and packaging strategies that balance portfolio level simplification with value capture.
- Drive pricing proposal to pricing committee approval through to implementation in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Develop discounting optimization strategies and models, GTM programs and promotions across Geos and RTMs.
- Define and evaluate Key Performance Indicators to track impact of packaging and pricing changes for continuous improvements.
- Provide content inputs for Okta’s official pricing webpages.
- SME support for pricing enablement and training content for the sales team to help best position pricing conversations with customers.
- Provide targeted in-deal support to the sales team to assist in strategic precedent setting opportunities.
- Build, lead and manage a team, setting priorities to maximize impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Engineering, Finance, Marketing, Business or an equivalent; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience (preferably 5) in a monetization/pricing strategy role. May consider candidates with monetization/pricing experience and a combination of the following areas: strategy consulting, strategic finance or corporate strategy, ideally at a SaaS or enterprise software company to equal 5 years.
- 3 years of direct people management/team management experience.
- Ability to quickly grasp new product concepts across a variety of technologies, consistently apply critical and structured thinking to new areas.
- Action-oriented to solve problems and get a lot done in short timeframes.
- Demonstrated leadership experience driving complex, cross-functional initiatives.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills across all levels of an organization.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $204,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.