Lab Solutions Engineer, Expert Acceleration
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
This role is an opportunity to join a new organization – the Expert Acceleration organization – to deliver an industry-leading, modern learning program platform. The charter for this new organization is to pursue the growth of the Okta ecosystem and provide a modern and captivating learning experience that transforms our Okta experts from allies to loyal defenders and raving fans.
Okta is looking for a talented Full Stack Developer who shares our passion for enabling customers to adopt and grow with the Okta platform through education products. You will be driving efforts to implement and execute a new learning experience for our learning portal. You have proven skills in front end and back end development, database management systems, version control and web hosting management. You are comfortable owning all stages of development for the education learning platform. You collaborate well with stakeholders and technical resources to plan and implement user-centric solutions. You’re a skilled communicator who applies an empathetic, user-centered approach to problem-solving. The ideal candidate has a love of customers, analytics, building high quality, automation solutions for delivery of our infrastructure leading to rapid product adoption.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own the solution end-to-end from concept design to final implementation
- Influence the direction of the learning solution design and architecture
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement modern and delightful user interfaces for Okta education products
- Conduct design and code reviews. Ensure high programming standards by writing unit and functional tests
- Collaborate and coordinate with team leadership in the planning and execution of development work.
- Ability to develop, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot PaaS, SaaS and identity access infrastructure
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- 3+ years experience with web based applications, APIs
- Strong experience with Terraform, AWS, Heroku
- Experience with MYSQL, Postgres DB, VS Code extension, Shell script
- Docker images, GitHub, Apache web server
- Experience with one or more UI technologies such as Angular, ReactJS, Backbone, Vue
- Good understanding of design-patterns, scalability patterns, security engineering and object-oriented principles.
- Experience working in Agile software development teams leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work across functions and time zones
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter — able to come up to speed on complex, difficult concepts with minimal assistance
- Ability to quickly context-switch between multiple complex work streams
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies (FIDO, U2F, WebAuthn, SSO, SAML, OAuth, Federation, etc.)
- Previous Okta/Auth0 exposure or experience
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.