Sr. Director, Global Sales Leadership Development
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
As the global leader of OKTA’s Sales Leadership Development Programs you will be strategizing, planning, leading, and managing all key sales leadership development initiatives across the field. This includes building and executing the strategy for program creation and delivery, working closely with Executive Sales Leadership, enablement colleagues, and other key business partners to deliver a compelling experience for every sales leader regardless where they are on their personal growth journey.
As the Senior Director of Global Sales Leadership Development you will be responsible to:
- Own the agenda, strategy, and execution for all sales leadership development activities in partnership with key executive stakeholders
- Roll up your sleeves to deliver high-quality and impactful experiences that drive engagement and learning either in a virtual classroom or in-person setting
- Work with subject matter experts to advocate and build content that aligns to the sales organization’s most strategic objectives for leadership development.
- Build trust and credibility with other leadership program stakeholders (in HR / Talent Development), managing a productive partnership for success
- Develop and plan targeted onboarding programs for all newly hired (or promoted) sales leaders to help decrease managerial ramp time and drive productivity.
- Collaborate and assist as needed to deliver stellar enablement experiences for sales leaders at kickoff and regional events.
- Create, monitor, and report on sales leadership engagement metrics for programs and activities to course correct when needed.
- Continually improve and identify areas of opportunity for sales leaders by using survey methodology, providing continuous feedback and coaching to all supporting cast members
- Act as a liaison between other enablement colleagues and the business stakeholders to help focus on key sales leadership development activities and remove interference
- Experience: 5-10 years of sales leadership development experience for medium to large scale organizations.
- Front of Room: Exceptional presentation skills in small and large group settings
- Program Management: be able to take ambiguous goals and turn them into execution plans and be able to herd distinct points of view to a common a goal
- Manage Resources: Ability to nurture and coach other team members to assist in delivery and execution of key development programs.
- Learning Design: passion and understanding for performance-centric adult learning - both delivered in an asynchronous (self-study on an LMS) or in real life (in person or virtual)
- Organizational Skills: be able to juggle multiple priorities and maintain a positive attitude and team orientation
- Agility & Speed: works well under pressure, in a fast-paced, high-growth environment that is constantly changing; is critical and adjusts on the fly to new demands with a sense of urgency and prioritization
- Design Thinking: Track record of converting ideas to impact
- Creativity: Brings a unique ability to create a strong narrative for delivery to Executives for buy-in and alignment
- Salesforce CRM Power User Experience (Reports / Dashboard Building a Plus)
- Learning Management System Power User
- Sales Leadership Development Methodology Expert Facilitator
- Several years of proven leadership development experience or working directly with a dynamic sales organization in a coaching role
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $178,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity EmployerOkta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.