People Business Partner, GTM
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
We are currently seeking a Principal People Business Partner to support our Direct Sales organizations. This position will be responsible for leading, supporting, and facilitating the delivery of People services to the organization while delivering high impact and value. The Principal PBP, will work closely with the leadership teams and provide expert advice and coaching to drive and support their business objectives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic advice, counsel and consultative solutions to business leaders on people management aspects of their business to include driving organizational development, team effectiveness, executing change management strategy and employee engagement solutions.
- Collaborate and consult on the design and delivery of People programs with the COEs to deliver effective solutions to the business.
- Act as the advocate for leading the talent management and development plans for the business unit with a focus on enhancing the quality of leaders and managers, building skills and capabilities of the workforce and ensuring succession bench strength.
- Direct, develop and drive the business unit’s global workforce plan and human capital strategies by acquiring and maintaining in-depth knowledge of the business, not limited to budget, revenue and product and portfolio roadmaps.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition, Talent Management and Finance to ensure a feasible, pro-active workforce plan is in place and well executed.
- Develop and monitor regular and ad-hoc reports to ensure People metrics are quantified and outcome driven. Able to identify trends and proactively recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
- Guide and coach managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex People issues (e.g., performance management and total rewards).
- Partner with team members throughout the People organization to communicate and educate on policies, procedures, and compliance.
- Provide consultative support and guidance to managers on implementation / execution of core People programs.
- Leverage best practices and identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Understand the client groups, strategy, challenges, business initiatives and business model.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience supporting teams of 400+ employees.
- Experience coaching and mentoring others in an informal or formal setting.
- Experience in a growing, global software development environment is preferred.
- Experience working with direct sales teams is ideal.
- Exceptional communication skills combined with demonstrated problem solving ability are critical for this role.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Viewed as a resource for advice and guidance by peers and senior leaders.
- Good understanding of matrix structures and politically savvy.
- Ability to cope with pressure maintaining a high standard of deliverables.
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills.
- Ability to analyze and utilize data to make informed short and long term business decisions.
- Ability to work in a fast moving and changing environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate in various mediums to a wide variety of audiences.
- Able to build relationships, develop credibility with internal clients and mentor HR colleagues.
- Strong ability to multi-task and respond effectively to changing priorities and demands.
- Strong experience working with technology companies.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only) Minimum OTE of $154,000/year + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.