Senior Technical Architect (Professional Services) - Workforce Identity Cloud
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
The Senior Technical Architect - Workforce Identity Cloud is a technical authority on both cloud and on-premises based IT systems and is responsible for ensuring the successful design and implementation of Okta’s industry leading cloud identity platform at our customers. You will focus on Okta’s workforce offering targeted at employee identity use cases. You will develop relationships with customers to help them achieve their business goals while promoting creative solutions. You will establish yourself as a trusted partner with your customers with a focus on their success. You will translate business needs and insights into an actionable strategy and assist customers in driving their initiatives to results and high business value. This is a key member of the Professional Services (PS) team, working as part of a PS Delivery Team on each customer implementation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and lead the gathering of business, functional and technical requirements for establishing an Identity platform powered by Okta for our customers.
- Work with customers to document the common technical and functional requirements for specific solutions.
- Support creation of project plans to develop and implement the proposed solution.
- Participate as a member of the professional services delivery team to translate requirements to designs and to provide technical leadership and oversight.
- Assist in periodic customer health-checks and project reviews.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong experience with Microsoft and related products; e.g. on-prem ADFS, Sharepoint, and Exchange; OWA, WS-FED, Cloud M365 (Office, Dynamics, Sharepoint, hybrid Exchange, hybrid join desktops, Intune, Autopilot), Azure AD, Conditional access policies
- 8+ years of overall IT / software development experience, solution design and technical architecture experience
- 3+ years of consulting experience
- 5+ years driving application architecture design
- 5+ years of experience with (IAM) architectures
- 3+ years of experience with implementing cloud computing solutions including AWS, Google Apps, Salesforce etc.
- Experience with employee identity use cases: HR driven identity, Active Directory, SSO, SaaS application integrations.
- Demonstrated ability to work and interact with CxOs and high-level customer executives.
- Experience in leading discovery workshop to derive customer requirements, specifications, business processes.
- Experience in developing functional specifications and system design specifications for customer engagements.
- Strong knowledge of Security Architecture, Design and Operations, LDAP, Active Directory, SAML, SSO, RBAC, OAuth, OIDC, web protocols XML, SOAP, JSON, REST
- Familiarity with IAM solution providers is strongly desired.
- Experience integrating with a multitude of On-Prem and SaaS based products.
- Exhibits confidence and a deep understanding of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Identifies critical issues with ease.
- Effectively communicates technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Manages customer expectations effectively.
- Application Architecture Background
- Architected distributed systems
- Application Design experience
- Software Development
- Consultative to lead a customer and drive business questions
- Clear and Dynamic Communication
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Highly Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Okta Expertise, Experience, Certifications
- Experience with identity governance and PAM
- Knowledge of software development security and cryptography.
- Experience with API Gateways, CASB, and Reverse Proxies (NGINX)
- Knowledge of cloud/virtualization technologies, such as VMware vSphere, EC2, Xen, KVM, OpenStack
- Proficiency with various open-source software and development tools
- Proficiency in one or more of .Net, Ruby, Java, Python or Perl
- Proficiency in git and Subversion
Education and Certification
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline required.
- Okta Certified Technical Architect or a combination of Okta Certified Consultant and Okta Certified Developer will be a plus.
- TOGAF and/or CISSP certification is a plus.
Below is the annual On Target Compensation (OTE) range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual OTE, which is inclusive of base salary and incentive compensation, will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable) and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.