Director, Revenue Operations (Order Management)
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Okta is looking for a Director, Revenue Operations to lead our Order Management and Provisioning functions. This role is responsible for providing full-service support as we build and scale our team internationally, including processing non-standard opportunity/quotes and deal closure to ensure all orders meet company revenue guidelines and bookings policies. This role is also responsible for ensuring that customers are provisioned their services and entitlements accurately and timely. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of establishing cross functional business partnerships, demonstrate strong functional knowledge of quoting systems, and a successful performance history of scaling global teams and operations.
Reporting to the VP, Accounting Operations and Finance Transformation, the Director will mentor and lead a team to deliver high-quality results to our internal stakeholders and customers. This role provides a great opportunity to demonstrate leadership skills in supporting a team on its journey to operational excellence in the critical Quote-to-Cash process.
- Manage and develop team of ambitious, high performing global Order Management and Provisioning professionals
- Develop and execute model for a scalable global team across the quote to order value chain including evolution of existing offshore structure and expanding global presence
- Establish and execute on the vision for the Revenue Operations function, fostering a culture of collaboration, data-driven and scalable processes to support growth
- Serve as thought leader on matters relating to order processing, subscription and entitlement management, execution of bookings policy, and systems related matters
- Serve as subject matter expert to counterparts in Finance, Sales, Sales Operations, Partner, Professional Services, Deal Desk, Sales Operations, Renewals, and Business Technology on all operational activities related to deal closure, opportunity management, quoting, booking, and provisioning.
- Provide management reporting to spotlight specific insights, drive key decisions and other findings through KPIs, reporting and dashboards
- Represent Revenue Operations interests in cross functional projects and initiatives by leveraging subject matter expertise to provide technical/ functional requirements and drive solutions
- Challenge the status quo- identify and drive automation (including leading execution) and process improvement opportunities in in partnership with Business Technology and Finance Transformation
- Partner with the Sales, Renewals, and Deal Strategy teams to provide white-glove service reviewing and structuring material and complex Non-Standard deals.
- Be hands on with operational activities that achieve tactical and strategic objectives; this includes internal requests from business partners as well as externally from customers, document signatures, and any ad-hoc requests at peak periods during fiscal quarter and year ends.
- Ensure compliance with SOX key controls. Provide approval of monthly reconciliation reports as needed.
- Establish standardized processes and workflows in line with industry best practice
- Identify, propose and implement new policy changes that will enable the team and company to scale to $4B by 2025
- Contribute to an effective change management strategy to facilitate smooth adoption of new processes and develop best practices for change implementation on future projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business Administration or Accounting/Finance, or equivalent technical degree.
- SaaS company experience required – knowledge of SaaS subscription models, pricing and revenue recognition.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience as a quote to cash leader
- Expert level understanding of quote to cash processes, including quoting, order processing and SaaS subscription entitlement management
- Experienced people manager required, minimum 6+ years.
- Experience with Salesforce.com, CPQ, NetSuite or other ERP system required.
- Advanced knowledge of excel (pivot tables, Vlookups, etc).
- Ability to understand complex business and financial issues and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to move fast, adapt, and thrive in a dynamic and fast changing environment.
- Process improvement and/or project management experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, skills. Must have executive presence.
- Experience collaborating successfully with diverse cross-functional teams.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, and results driven.
- Requires minimal direct supervision.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.