Staff Fullstack Java Engineer
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta you can manage access across any application, person, or device. Whether the people are employees, partners, or customers, or the applications are in the cloud, on premises, or on a mobile device, Okta helps you become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
About Account Service
We are the Account Service team, building a global microservice within Okta. Our roadmap is exciting and fulfilling. We are addressing key customer usecases spanning across Workforce (WF), Customer Identity (CIAM), and business-to-business (B2B) space. Our customers are named brand global service providers.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate loves engineering - i.e., solving problems. Writing elegant code is something that you do naturally. You believe in solving for scale, you take pride in readable and reliable code.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to our product development. Own the code end to end. Ideation, implementation, testing, monitoring and alerts.
- Develop scalable solutions.
- Work closely with Architects, SRE, Ops and Security in ensuring what we ship upholds Okta’s “Always On” promise
- 7+ years of software development experience building highly-reliable, mission-critical, distributed systems
- Demonstrable experience designing for scale with failover and ratelimit guard rails
- Exceptional engineering fundamentals - Specifically - DB CRUD, API integration, Security, Distributed computing, Domain modeling and OOP.
- Strong understanding of service architecture
- Prior experience designing and shipping high-availability RESTful APIs is a plus
- We have a good cross-section of tech stack - AWS, GitHub, Java, React, Hibernate, Spring Boot, SQL, Redis, ECS, Docker, Vagrant, Terraform, Maven, npm, Splunk and Wavefront
- Bi-lingual (Japanese - English) is a bonus
- Bachelor's Degree majoring in Comp. Sci or Mathematics
#LI-RemoteThe annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in the San Francisco Bay area is between: $171,000—$248,000 USD
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.