Director, Global Enablement Platform/CMS
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
We are the World’s #1 Identity Platform. Okta is a trusted partner to businesses around the world and we give our customers the confidence to reach their full potential. Our vision is to Accelerate a world where everyone can safely use any technology. We bring simple and secure access to people and organizations everywhere. We promise to not only protect the identities of our customers’ workforce and users, but to ask, “what more can we make possible?”
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll be the team manager and system expert responsible for driving adoption, value, and insights across OKTAs enablement platforms including Highspot and Mindtickle. You will empower the field to elevate customer conversations that drive strategic growth by being the liaison between ‘Go to Market’ teams. You’ll build, evolve, manage and maintain critical enablement platforms to enable OKTA’s customer-facing teams with the right content, knowledge, process, and tools to maximize sales growth and customer impact.
You will inspire product and marketing teams to promote and optimize effective content for the customer-facing teams to utilize. Your success will be measured by the overall adoption and utilization of the platform, instilling sound content governance across the organization, general administration of platforms to ensure strong and consistent health, training and evangelism, incorporating and distilling feedback from key stakeholders, and analyzing platform metrics to derive valuable business insights.
You are able to work independently and manage many responsibilities at a time; you are a team player. You are proactive in responding to, troubleshooting and following up on technical issues and addressing them internally or with CMS vendors. You work diligently to ensure all CMS data is accurate and up-to-date at all times.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, rank, select and implement enablement platforms.
- Manage all vendor pricing, contract negotiations and alignment engagements.
- Implement, design, update, maintain and measure enablement platforms (Highspot is priority).
- Recommend future improvements to the CMS including content management features, workflow, integrations, and user experience.
- Work with the platform vendor leadership teams to prepare for and set-up consistent check-ins, Business Reviews, Best Practice and stakeholder meetings.
Platform Adoption & Use
- Drive the overall adoption and utilization of enablement platforms, instilling sound governance across the GTM organization, general administration to ensure strong and consistent platform health, training and evangelism, incorporating and distilling feedback.
- Drive the enablement platform portfolio as a strategic component for supporting ongoing GTM programs.
- Lead the organization of content creators through the building and maintenance of metadata and taxonomies to meet current and future customer and business needs. Partner with cross-functional leads to drive alignment and ensure consistency across teams.
- Provide appropriate CMS training for the organization.
- Continually reinforce platform product knowledge and techniques via training and evangelism.
- Provide support and/or leadership to assigned projects, such as ensuring content development processes are effective and maximize shared and reusable resources.
Content Management & Platform Optimization
- Create and document standard processes, policies and templates with use cases and best practices.
- Help content owners (e.g. PMM) simplify content management processes by sharing best practices, introducing vendor engagement/training and product knowledge, and upholding good content governance by driving accountability and buy-in across teams.
- Manage the governance of content lifecycle management, including archiving outdated content.
- Ensure enablement roadmap leverages platform functionality where appropriate, such as Sales Plays, templates and SmartPages to prepare the sellers on what to know, say, show and do in given customer situations.
- Design ready to use templates/standards to ensure consistent and optimal intuitive and engaging user experience.
- Manage all system upgrades, enhancements, and customizations to maintain and enhance the overall user experience.
- Utilize field feedback and information gained through platforms to execute on continuous improvements and inform business-level decision making.
Reporting & Measurement
- Define and standardize on metrics/measurement strategy that informs content development and management decisions.
- Prepare reports that are concise, intuitive, and actionable for end users and managers, as well as analyzing CMS usage data, including monitoring and evaluating program effectiveness.
- Use information gained through the platform to compare with GTM org data and insights (from Salesforce) to inform/drive business-level decision making.
- Provide enablement team data and insights to inform effectiveness of programs and content.
Job Requirements - The Experience You’ll Bring To The Team:
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in platform, knowledge and content management (Highspot specific experience is required).
- Experience working within the enablement field (Sales, Technical, Customer and/or Partner Enablement).
- Proven experience managing enablement software.
- Knowledge of and experience with Highspot and MindTickle.
- Passion for and championship of content transformation, organization and optimal user experiences.
- Strong program management experience with ability to develop strategy, plan, evaluate and execute (ideation to completion).
- Strong project management skills, including planning, scheduling, and communication.
- Self-reliant and capable of quickly solving problems and resolving conflicts at various levels.
- People management experience (both directly and indirectly/cross functionally).
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, with a passion for modern software.
- Experience in enablement fields (e.g. Sales Enablement, Partner Enablement, Marketing Enablement) and/or Customer Success.
- Empathy for, and experience working with Go-to-Market teams (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Product) with sound insight into each function’s objectives, challenges, and priorities.
- Planning, evaluating, and executing strategy & plans from ideation to completion.
- Exceptional analytical and process skills.
- Exceptional communication skills and successful history of cross-functional collaboration.
Bonus Experience You Could Bring:
- Involvement in Sales Enablement groups and thought leadership channels.
- Experience managing additional Enablement Platforms (WalkMe, Circle HD, Scribe, Mindtickle, LMS Platforms).
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.