Director, Enablement Operations & Communications
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
We are the World’s #1 Identity Platform. Okta is a trusted partner to businesses around the world and we give our customers the confidence to reach their full potential. Our vision is to Accelerate a world where everyone can safely use any technology. We bring simple and secure access to people and organizations everywhere. We promise to not only protect the identities of our customers’ workforce and users, but to ask, “what more can we make possible?”
About the Role:
In this highly dynamic role supporting the extended Global Enablement Team, you will be a working, agile team manager leading a team responsible for supporting a broad range of field facing enablement engagements and experiences, including programs, virtual and live events and communications. The successful candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced and agile environment with ever-changing priorities and enjoys building operational efficiencies through institution of strong business processes, guidelines, documentation and cross functional communication. This individual enjoys working in a builder role that requires vision, strategy, planning, execution, ongoing management oversight, continuous improvement, focus and communication. Cross team collaboration and open and constant communication are a critical component of success for this role.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Scope, design and deploy a robust Enablement Intake Process that will provide a single source reference to gather requests, plan, prioritize with enablement and field leaders and ultimately schedule quarterly learning experiences for the field teams.
- Create and manage a transparent quarterly enablement planning process that facilitates the prioritization of global, product, operations and regional needs and results.
- Create and manage a quarterly business review process for the global enablement team that serves as a recap of successes, areas of opportunity and shows a future looking roadmap.
- Prioritize training needs and translate into a calendar of live enablement for the year.
- Manage the budget for in person training, working with stakeholders across enablement and the field.
- Support live and virtual enablement event program planning and act as a primary lead for operational requirements (timing/calendaring, staffing, production support, rehearsals, run sheets, communications and surveys).
- Establish scalable processes to schedule, track and communicate to program support personnel (speakers, coaches, presenters, managers, panel experts, external vendors, etc).
- Reinforce and advance the enablement brand through flawless virtual and live event production support.
- Re-invent current state enablement webinar/virtual enablement call program to address critical field knowledge gaps and ensure cross functional contributor participation across all key field organizations (customer, success, sales ops, compete, industry, marketing, etc).
- Develop and manage an enablement communications strategy working cross functionally with field communications, strategy and ops to optimize field engagement.
- Establish the voice of the global enablement team through communications that promote excitement, learning and winning.
- Field enablement communications ownership including invitations/calendaring. messaging, field e-newsletters and landing pages, company intranet site(s), and slack.
- Editorial calendar development and scheduling to support various Programs (New Hire, Virtual Enablement Events or Weekly Sessions, Leadership, Theatre, etc).
- Manage rosters and distribution lists to target sales audiences for all enablement deployments ensuring role relevancy and decreasing field distraction and communication “overload”.
- Create survey strategy for the enablement organization to drive consistency in how we engage the field for feedback, analyze, share results and establish an actionable feedback loop to improve enablement efforts.
- Provide regular program event metric updates (attendee numbers, completions and survey results) thru program calls and quarterly reviews.
- Track, monitor and manage attendee assignment, participation and completion (in conjunction with reporting team).
- Conduct operational status meetings/updates with the core planning team and/or program managers.
- Identify project risks and recommend appropriate resolutions.
- Monitor and manage support channels for key enablement programs (Slack, email, etc).
Job Requirements - The Experience You’ll Bring To The Team:
- 10 + years of relevant experience supporting a sales organization in a fast growing software (or similar) organization.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- Expert project/program management skill set.
- Highly proficient user of Google Sheets/Excel and Asana or equivalent.
- Proficient in Zoom or similar web conferencing software.
- Experience and familiarity of working with Mindtickle or similar LMS platforms.
- Travel: Able to travel to support live training events as necessary.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and get into the details, but also maintain a strategic big picture perspective to guide, lead and manage teams and projects.
- Strong attention to details and deadlines.
- Successful at networking and building relationships to support cross team engagement andalignment leveraging superior communications skills.
- Ability to think critically and creatively and make decisions based on instructions and previous experience.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage multiple tasks at a given time withability to prioritize in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent live and virtual event management experience.
- Exceptional verbal, written, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability developing and maintaining effective, positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborative and agile working style; operates as a change agent with ability to managethrough challenging scenarios.
- Positive attitude and ability to remain flexible with evolving team priorities.
- Self-reliant and capable of quickly solving problems and resolving conflicts at various levels.
Bonus Experience You Could Bring:
- Experience with multiple communication and engagement channels including social media, intranet, etc.
- Graphic design knowledge.
- Events management experience.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.