Finance Manager, Sales
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Okta is in hyper-growth mode. We are seeking a Finance manager who will be a key player in driving and effectively scaling Okta’s rapid growth. This person will be part of the Go to Market (GTM) Finance team that supports executive-level business partners and their respective teams within Okta’s Chief Revenue Officer organization on all planning, forecasting, and analysis activities. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that wants to be part of a dynamic FP&A organization that is operating at an accelerated pace and scaling for the future.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, a team player, a confident business partner, capable of driving action cross-functionally, analytical, and outstanding at FP&A. This person is comfortable operating at all levels, with eye on the strategic big picture, while skillfully managing the financial details.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a strategic financial partner to the extended Okta Sales leadership team
- Own the budgeting and forecasting processes for the groups, including:
- Partnering with business partners to ensure accuracy for headcount, sales commissions, program spend, and other key metrics based on operational performance
- Preparing budget vs. actual variance analysis and other relevant reporting
- Leading thoughtful analysis, evaluating key drivers and metrics, and partnering on driving operational efficiencies
- Collaborating with the controllership organization on accruals as well as other elements of the close process
- Evolving these processes, as needed
- Develop monthly/quarterly management reports regarding the underlying performance, leading indicators, validation of plan assumptions, and key metrics on the business
- Partner in the corporate long-range strategic planning, as applicable
- Facilitate and drive frequent ad hoc as well as targeted projects to support senior management on business decisions
- Lead process and systems improvement and scaling projects for your area and partner on cross functional teams, to drive the company’s continued growth and scaling.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to work independently, think objectively, and interpret meaningful and insightful narratives from both quantitative as well as qualitative data
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate as well as distill data into actionable information to drive results
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Ability to apply rigorous logic and sound methods to solve multi-faceted problems with effective solutions
- Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners, inclusive of senior members of management
- Ability to influence at all levels, with a demonstrated aptitude to work effectively within a matrixed team across multiple functional areas, and be assertive in driving successful management strategies
- Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small, and large groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in FP&A with 2+ years’ experience supporting a rapidly growing organization
- High proficiency with FP&A systems required, Anaplan, Salesforce & Tableau experience is a plus.
- Excellent financial data management, modeling and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel and strong PowerPoint skills are required
- Prior experience in a high-growth high tech/software/SaaS organization is a plus
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.