Field Enablement Communications Manager
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
About the Role
As the Enablement Communications Manager for the OKTA Global Enablement Team, you will be responsible for creating an enablement communication strategy that establishes the brand and voice for the Global Enablement Team. You will work closely with the Head of the Global Enablement Team and report to the Director of Global Enablement Operations and Planning. You will develop internal enablement communications around Global Enablement Team quarterly enablement programs, Field Onboarding, Global Programs and other field-focused learning experiences. The role requires close collaboration with multiple stakeholders both across the Enablement Team and the organization to ensure OKTA’s enablement communications strategy is widely understood, transparent and coordinated.
The ideal candidate picks up new ideas quickly, can synthesize a lot of information into what matters the most, is an exceptional communicator and writer, and has a knack for creating unique writing voices that reflect the team and brand they represent.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop an enablement communications strategy to drive enablement engagement and change management associated with enablement initiatives.
- Work closely with the Head of Global Enablement to establish a voice and brand for the Global Enablement Team.
- Partner closely with the Global Enablement Leadership Team to develop and deliver cutting-edge, scalable enablement communications that improve productivity, clarify and drive conversations, build connectedness, and inspire engagement across the Field and GTM communities.
- Develop strong relationships with cross-functional partners and maximize those relationships to ensure enablement communications are high impact, relevant and right sized.
- Engage and coordinate across communication, marketing and subject-matter experts to ensure strategic business objectives and stakeholder perspectives are supported through integrated enablement communications programs.
- Research enablement topics, develop first drafts, integrate feedback, and execute using a variety of communication channels/mediums.
- Manage and maintain the enablement editorial calendar including the process to ensure stakeholder visibility.
- Create survey strategy for the enablement organization to drive consistency in how we engage the field for feedback, analyze, share results and establish an actionable feedback loop to improve enablement efforts.
- Design and produce quality written and visual enablement communications for different target audiences.
- Promote and deliver enablement communications using various systems (enterprise email platform, internal social channels, Intranet).
- Proactively seek feedback to improve enablement communications and use reporting and metrics to evaluate effectiveness and impact.
- Track, measure, and report on KPIs and incorporate into ongoing enablement communication plan updates.
Job Requirements - The Experience You’ll Bring To The Team
- 5-7+ years of experience managing enablement communication programs working collaboratively with and influencing cross functional teams.
- Experience in high-growth environments with an understanding of how to scale great company cultures and manage organizational change efforts.
- Demonstrated experience managing communications for a mid to large size company preferably within the Enterprise software space.
- Excellent writer (can write copy, synthesize ideas, write in various styles and voices) working collaboratively with and across a variety of global cross functional teams.
- Sharp critical thinking and verbal communication skills. Polished relationship-building skills to influence all levels of leadership and Field employees’ knowledge, sentiments, and behaviors.
- Strong editor (can edit copy and images for mistakes in grammar, punctuation, formatting).
- Experience in graphic design and visual best practices while following corporate style guidelines.
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, and ability to work on multiple deliverables at a time for fast turnaround and deployment.
- Demonstrated ability working well under pressure, thriving in a fast-paced environment and staying flexible through growth and change.
- Open to new ideas with the ability to find creative solutions to complex communications challenges.
- Experience leveraging multiple communication channels, including email, intranet, Google slide design, and amplification through internal social channels.
- Data-driven and results-oriented in managing and scaling global communications messaging, events, programs and processes.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field preferred.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.