Curriculum Developer, Customer First Technical Enablement
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Curriculum Developer, Customer First Technical Enablement Opportunity
The Curriculum Developer, Customer First Technical Enablement’s role is to educate internal Customer First teams on core Identity concepts, the Customer Identity Cloud product, and the Workforce Identity Cloud product through development of self-paced training materials, on-demand video content, hands-on activities, and learning validation modalities. A successful candidate in this role needs to have a strong background in technical curriculum development, instructional design, and creating innovative learning material for an internal audience.
We’re a small but growing team, so a person in this role will need to cover multiple job duties rather than specializing. The work will include overall course design, conducting informational interviews with subject matter experts, outline and script-writing, video production, screen capture and recording, editing, motion design, and sound design, as well as creation of hands-on activities, materials, and programs.
What you’ll be doing
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Engage with other internal enablement groups to reduce duplication of efforts and effectively leverage existing resources
- Work with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs and/or validate content accuracy
- Engage with multiple business units including software engineering, operations, product management, professional services, and business stakeholders to stay up to date on the product and best practices
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content (slides, video, exercises, etc) that enhances retention and knowledge transfer
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc)
- Determine criteria to measure learners’ performance and develop assessment materials
- Plan education sessions for Customer First teams in order to facilitate their understanding of the Customer Identity Cloud and Workforce Identity Cloud product
What you’ll bring to the role
- At least 3+ years experience in technical content development for a SaaS company
- 1 - 2+ years experience with identity protocols and/or full-stack software development; e.g. NodeJS, .NET, Java, etc. is a plus
- Familiarity with IAM solution providers is strongly desired.
- Effectively communicates technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Visual design skills (Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Ability to manage a variety of simultaneous projects within tight deadlines
- Organized, driven, and fast; you get the big picture but you catch the details, and you don’t let things slip through the cracks
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.