Senior Technical Account Manager - East
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
As a Senior Technical Account Manager (TAM) for the Customer Identity Cloud (CIC) Product Unit you will be responsible for ensuring that a portfolio of our largest Enterprise customers are achieving the full value from their CIC investment.You will have a passion for working with customers, helping them achieve tangible results through the application of CIC solutions in their technology platform. Your technical expertise will enable you to share best practices and strategic technical guidance to customers based upon your deep understanding of their solution and project objectives.
- Build long-term relationships with the stakeholders in your portfolio of enterprise companies, and deeply understand their strategy, goals and plans
- Earn customer trust by understanding their goals and use cases, and recommend best practices relating to process changes, product adoption, configuration and additional features to meet requirements
- Track customer goals and progress to help facilitate their ROI
- Monitor customer health, satisfaction, expansion opportunities, risks and escalations
- Review customer architectures and Okta configurations to ensure they are enhancing security posture and capturing ROI as Okta releases new features and functionality
- Work with internal account teams to identify and resolve renewal risk, identify expansion opportunities, build strategies to drive further customer adoption
- Be a product evangelist to your customer portfolio, educating them on new Auth0 features and product roadmap
- Use data to monitor and identify adoption and utilization trends. Identify areas for improvement and action in the customer portfolio
- Take and respond to technical queries from Customer Success Managers
- Be the voice of the customer when engaging with internal teams
- Act as a mentor to colleagues within the Technical Account Management team
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a Technical Account Manager (TAM) or comparable practitioner role in the IAM space
- An understanding of the protocols as it relates to Identity and Access Management (IAM). (e.g., SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, OAuth, OpenID Connect)
- Direct experience or practical knowledge of identity-related concepts such as Single Sign-on, MFA, Authentication, and Authorization
- Familiarity with IAM solution providers is strongly desired.
- Strong background in any of the following: Technical Account Management, Technical Consulting, Product Management, Solution Architect, or similar role
- Understanding of common software development practice. Understanding of identity and surrounding technologies.
- Strong business acumen, history of success owning enterprise segment customer relationships and escalations
- Experience with SaaS platforms and services, their adoption, integration and ongoing use
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to set expectations and communicate goals and objectives with customers at various levels, from a developer to a CIO
- Ability to track and influence customer behavior and health metrics across a portfolio of accounts
- This position requires you reside and work in Eastern time zone
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Below is the annual On Target Compensation (OTE) range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual OTE, which is inclusive of base salary and incentive compensation, will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable) and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.