Parcel Expansion Lead (Remote, Americas)
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $500 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
Before you apply, consider if you can:
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion — and embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
You will be joining the parcel operations team. This team is responsible for last mile execution and planning. We focus on merchant delight by making our transportation operations faster, more reliable, scalable, greener, and lower cost. Are you someone who can manage projects, thrives in ambiguous environments, and can tackle challenging problems head on? Can you imagine how to transform our operations and drive that change to implementation? We need someone who can lead a new team to execute our most important strategic projects, focused on optimizing our speed, maximizing our reliability and lowering cost for our merchants.
The role will be leading the Parcel Expansion team focused on developing and growing our last mile capabilities. This will include shaping our vision with senior leadership, developing detailed quarterly execution plans, and managing projects from inception through implementation.
What You’ll Do
- Build strong relationships with our merchants, internal teams, and other stakeholders
- Focus on creating a merchant-centric last mile delivery network
- Own the documentation of parcel team OKRs
- Execute strategic projects from vision to reality
- Uncover new carrier optimization opportunities
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ professional work experience, preferably in the Logistics / Warehousing / Transportation sector.
- Detailed knowledge of last mile delivery, network design, and carrier operations management.
- Project management experience with proven ability to execute large cross functional projects according to scope, budget and timeline
- Ability to operate independently to build out new programs and initiatives
- Ability to frame problems and develop ambitious solutions, while balancing the demands of executing at speed and scale
- Ability to forge strong partnerships throughout the organization and influence leaders and teams without direct authority.
- Strong leadership presence, with the ability to use written and verbal communication to convince senior team members of the best path forward.
Bonus Points For:
- Strong analytical background or knowledge of analytical tools (Excel, SQL, Python, etc) or ability and interest in learning.
- Experience with running your own business. You know what it means to be an entrepreneur and can share your learnings with our merchants.
- Project Management certification. Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM, or similar designation.
Closing date: Friday, January 27th at 11:59PM EDT. Successful candidates can expect to hear back from us by Friday, February 3rd at 11:59PM EDT.