Senior Data Science Manager - Pricing/Promotions (Remote, Americas)
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Shopify powers millions of businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more.
We are looking for a well-rounded Senior Data Science Manager with experience in pricing and incentive optimization to own projects whose scope impacts multiple disciplines and domains at Shopify. They will be responsible for deliverables that have implications on multiple product or service lines within Shopify’s plans & pricing organization. As a Senior Manager, they will grow not just individuals, but the leaders and teams that report into them.
- Use your experience in pricing optimization to define and implement plans & pricing strategies for Shopify.
- Lead pricing and incentive experimentation work.
- Define and guide the short-term and long-term data strategy for the money service line.
- Partner with other functional teams such as Engineering, Product, & Design to identify unsolved user and business needs resulting in data powered solutions that scale.
- Provide technical leadership to our data science teams and lead them as they analyze data, implement statistical techniques, create data visualizations, and build data pipelines (using Python, Spark, SQL, Mode, Tableau...etc).
- Cultivate a data-informed culture and deliver meaningful insights that drive product roadmaps and optimize business strategies.
- Drive excellent practices for establishing metrics & KPIs to drive cross-functional alignment.
- Collaborate with peer leaders in the product line Data Science team (and the broader Data org) to improve and drive the group-wide Data Science & Engineering vision.
- Documented experience in pricing optimization and defining pricing strategy through advanced analytics and data science efforts.
- Experience in driving customer growth through pricing optimization and experimentation.
- Been a leader in multiple tech companies where analytics on top of massive data sets drives product & business decisions.
- Previously managed other managers and can oscillate your leadership style relative to the needs of individual contributors that are also on your team.
- Exceptional problem solving and analysis skills combined with the ability to synthesize and effectively communicate findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A product mindset that enables you to get to the root of problems faced by customers and users and to create data solutions and products to solve these challenges.
It would be great if you have experience with:
- Cloud platforms: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS
- Large-scale data-platform tools:
- Data Storage and Access: HDFS, Presto
- Data processing/integration: Kafka, Spark
- Analytics Datastores: AWS Redshift, GCP BigQuery
- Visualization: D3, Mode Analytics, Tableau
- Programming languages: Python, Scala
- SQL and debugging SQL queries
- Analytical techniques:
- Background in machine learning including experience implementing models at scale, including in the areas of price elasticity modeling and experimentation
- Experimentation: A/B test design and analysis, quasi-experiments
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. And remember, we want to know what you’re really interested in building and why you want to build it at Shopify, so please give us as much detail on this as you’d like in the answers on the next page. 👍 📖
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
#LI-KO3 #LI-REMOTE #LI-AH1