Sales Representative, Retail (Remote, Americas)
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $500 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Although our roots are in e-commerce, we are working with many of the world’s most innovative brands on the renaissance of online and in-person commerce, powered by Shopify technology.
Our growing sales teams work directly with notable brands and entrepreneurs to develop their commerce strategies — whether that is starting or expanding their e-commerce business or brick & mortar operations.
At Shopify there is a unique opportunity for high impact sales professionals to build a career with a company that will continually provide opportunities for growth.
The Sales Representative works directly with brands to understand and develop their commerce strategies and how Shopify can help them meet their goals. Our goal is to accelerate their growth and help them overcome their current challenges. We are merchant obsessed and driven in our goal to make commerce better for everyone.
- 2-5 years of full sales cycle experience in a technology/software environment with high complexity
- Ability to create and execute an outbound territory plan and prospecting strategy, including cold outreach
- Proven history of acquiring net new customers
- High energy and strong work ethic driving towards meeting or exceeding the teams and individual goals
- The ability to work in a self-directed manner navigating through a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- A passion for talking to people, curiosity for understanding their unique business needs, and showing them how to 10X their business
- Excellent relationship, communication, and influence skills
- A love for trying new things, iterating, and then diving in again
- A sense of adventure and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Consultative and solutions-oriented mindset
- Ability to learn and collaborate with a team remotely
- A retail background is a bonus
You’ll be working on things like:
- Understanding the unique business goals, needs, and pains of prospects, and helping them grow their business with Shopify products
- Directing complex deals with multiple stakeholders through an entire sales cycle, from discovery through to contract negotiations
- Uncovering new business opportunities
- Effectively moving your way through the sales cycle managing your pipeline
- Collaborating on projects within the team and region with other Shopify teams to deliver the highest level of merchant experience
- Making the most of the opportunity to work at an amazing, innovative, and rapidly growing company; have an impact; be involved and do something incredible!
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time.
The posting will close on Sunday, February 5th, 2023 at 11:59 PM EDT.
Successful candidates can expect to hear back from us by Friday, February 17 at 5:00 pm EDT.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.