Senior Program Operations Manager, Partner Governance (Remote, Americas)
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $500 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
Before you apply, consider if you can:
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion — and embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
The Partner Governance team enables the growth of a healthy, and competitive Partner ecosystem. As Shopify continues to grow, expand its geographical footprint and develop new product offerings, avenues for fraud and policy violations constantly evolve. Our job is to stay ahead of both existing and emerging trends. This role focuses on building & optimizing workflows, processes and tooling to protect our merchants from harm, automating safety of our ecosystem, ensuring that we are using the least resource intensive way to solve problems & maximizing our team's impact through better collaboration with product teams.
We’re looking to add an experienced Senior Program Operations Manager to our team who will be responsible for the following:
- Championing large-scale, complex projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Managing a feedback loop with our product, engineering, and legal teams to identify risks and working with them to build mitigations into our product, policies and processes.
- Identifying opportunities and potential solutions for automation and process simplification
- Creating frameworks and policies in support of building a safe and secure Ecosystem
- Building and maintaining internal and external program knowledge management materials
- A demonstrated track record of leading complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish with a focus on fraud prevention, policy enforcement and/or anti-abuse.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to gather context quickly, connect the dots between strategic business goals and program objectives, and highlight new opportunities for future scale.
- Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate up, down, and across to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven ability to create alignment across highly cross-functional stakeholders and teams with different priorities and focuses.
- Exceptional program and project management skills that include starting and landing projects, measuring their impact and documenting the process
- Excellent networking skills and love for nurturing relationships
- PMP or other relevant certification
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.