String and Key
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
String and Key is a research and development studio building digital platforms that will change the way people manage and protect their money. Our purpose is to empower every person to live life to the fullest, with the confidence of financial protection.
We are a team of math nerd strategists, user flow obsessed designers, result-driven developers, and epic storytelling marketers. We’re an entrepreneurial team that values doers, people who think outside the box, and those who are not afraid to experiment. We love what we do and take work-life balance and professional development as seriously as our products.
The first business we built is Wyshbox, which is a whole new way to talk about and sell life insurance to a younger audience. Customers build their own personalized policies around their “Wyshes” — the things that they want to happen, if anything happens to to them. From sending their kids to college to shooting their ashes into space - this isn’t your traditional insurance. It’s 100% online on the web, iOS, or android. No agents and no hassles.
String and Key is seeking an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join our small team of 60+ members either remotely within the U.S. or on a hybrid basis in our Brooklyn, NY (Dumbo) office. This candidate will report to our Director of Platform Engineering and work closely with our Engineering and DevOps team.
- Implement and configure resources using infrastructure as code (IaC) best practices
- Implement Kubernetes services using tools such as Helm, Docker and Artifactory
- Implement network strategies and redundancies (Multi-AZ, Failover, Load-Balancing, etc...) for cloud resources
- Deploy, configure and monitor instances of managed services such as AWS EKS, RDS and Elasticache
- Advise on the design and strategy to implement future infrastructure changes, proactively monitor and identify potential failure points and weaknesses.
- Provide incident support and participate in our on-call rotation responding to production issues.
- Collaborate with engineering and security teams to design, implement, maintain and improve our infrastructure and tools
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- 2+ years operating a Production environment
- Strong understanding of AWS and Cloud Hosting
- Strong understanding of Networking / Logging
- Strong understanding of Kubernetes/Helm
- Strong understanding of Terraform
- Strong understanding of Docker
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Start-up experience a plus!
Diversity and Inclusion
String and Key is a proud equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in and outside of the workplace. We strongly believe that everyone deserves a seat at the table and we support a culture where our people are empowered to be their authentic selves each and everyday.
We’re building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to reflect the world that we live in and the customers we serve. You are welcomed to apply for this role free of biases or discrimination regardless of your race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by law.
A Great Team – We focus on hiring people from diverse backgrounds who are easy to get along with and fantastic teammates.
Flexible Work Schedule – Hybrid work schedule. We’re interested in what you contribute more so than when you do it.
Work Life Balance – Unlimited PTO, Paid Holidays, along with Paid Summer Fridays and Paid parental leave.
Competitive Compensation – Exact compensation range is determined based on your region, years of experience, and specific skill set using aggregate market data from PayScale.
Health & Wellness – We offer 100% Medical Care Coverage for you and generous contributions for family, Dental and Vision Coverage, Commuter and Parking Reimbursement, 401k with a 4% Match, Health and Wellness Reimbursement, Free talkspace membership, Voluntary Long-term and Short-term Disability, Life Insurance and FSA/HSA.
Career Development – String and Key believes in upskilling their teams so each employee is provided a $1,000 annual training allowance.
Friendly office environments – Two modern offices; one in Dumbo, Brooklyn and the other in Durham, NC, offering a variety of working spaces for individual or team collaboration with free meals and snacks.
Social events – Monthly culture events, celebrations, team outings and social hours.