Retention Marketing Manager (Lifecycle)
String and Key
Location: Kings County, New York - Flexible Options
Job Type: Full time
String and Key is a research and development studio building digital platforms that will change the way people manage and protect their money. Our purpose is to empower every person to live life to the fullest, with the confidence of financial protection.
We are a team of math nerd strategists, user flow obsessed designers, result-driven developers, and epic storytelling marketers. We’re an entrepreneurial team that values doers, people who think outside the box, and those who are not afraid to experiment. We love what we do and take work-life balance and professional development as seriously as our products.
The first business we’ve built is Wyshbox, which is a whole new way to talk about and sell life insurance to a younger audience. Customers build their own personalized policies around their “Wyshes” — the things they want to happen, should anything happen to to them. From sending their kids to college to shooting their ashes into space - this isn’t your traditional insurance. It’s 100% online on the web, iOS, or Android. No agents and no hassles.
String and Key is seeking a Recapture and Retention Marketing Manager (Lifecycle) Manager to own the strategy and execution of end-to-end lifecycle marketing initiatives, ranging from first click to retention and renewal initiatives, with a focus on instilling loyalty within our ever-growing customer base. Our ideal candidate will have no problem rolling up their sleeves and working directly with customers to understand the wants and needs of the market, while ensuring that relevant programs are being created for all stages of the customer journey.
We’re looking for a high-impact strategist and customer marketer who can oversee planning and prioritization of marketing programs that improve lead conversion rate (e.g. lead nurture programs), decrease CAC, drive product adoption and reduce lapse rates.
You will partner closely with a team of strategists and creatives to develop organization wide processes and customer experiences which efficiently achieve these goals.
- Develop Wyshbox’s customer lifecycle stages and create strategic initiatives for each stage of the customer journey, with a focusing on engagement and retention.
- Partner with our marketing team to analyze business and marketing data to identify key drivers, mechanics and associated dependencies for driving conversion, product adoption, retention, and cross-sell.
- Effectively translate analytics into clear insights and actionable recommendations
- Manage marketing automation including email triggers and batch campaigns throughout recapture and retention.
- Partner with customer success and account managers to leverage customer interaction touch points and infuse personal, one-to-one programs.
- Partner with Content, PR, and Creative teams to drive the development of email communications and marketing assets to nurture client relationships
- Forecast results from various tactics and advocate for resource prioritization
- Identify customer segments for targeted marketing programs and plan customer offers and incentive programs to deliver ROI-positive results
- 3+ years relevant marketing strategy and/or customer experience/customer relationship management experience
- A proven track record of delighting customers and creating successful marketing programs aimed at customers.
- Strong communication skills without a fear of over communication. This role will require effective collaboration and cross-functional coordination across internal and external contributors.
- A passion and strong understanding of developer customer personas and the landscape
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics
- Familiarity with online marketing metrics and key performance metrics
- Deep understanding of the digital marketing landscape and a passion for building innovative & ROI-positive marketing programs at scale.
- Experience using statistics
- Experience with email and digital marketing a plus!
Diversity and Inclusion
String and Key is a proud equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in and outside of the workplace. We strongly believe that everyone deserves a seat at the table and we support a culture where our people are empowered to be their authentic selves each and everyday.
We’re building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to reflect the world that we live in and the customers we serve. You are welcomed to apply for this role free of biases or discrimination regardless of your race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by law.
A Great Team – We focus on hiring people from diverse backgrounds who are easy to get along with and fantastic teammates.
Flexible Work Schedule – Hybrid work schedule (3 days in office and 2 day work from home). We’re interested in what you contribute more so than when you do it.
Work Life Balance – Unlimited PTO, Paid Holidays, along with Paid Summer Fridays and Paid parental leave.
Competitive Compensation – Exact compensation range is determined based on NYC region, years of experience, and specific skill set using aggregate market data from PayScale.
Health & Wellness – We offer 100% Medical Care Coverage for you and generous contributions for family, Dental and Vision Coverage, Commuter and Parking Reimbursement, 401k with a 4% Match, Health and Wellness Reimbursement, Free Talkspace membership, Voluntary Long-term and Short-term Disability, Life Insurance and FSA/HSA.
Career Development – String and Key believes in upskilling their teams so each employee is provided a $1,000 annual training allowance.
Friendly office environments – Two modern offices; one in Dumbo, Brooklyn and the other in Durham, NC, offering a variety of working spaces for individual or team collaboration with free meals and snacks.
Social events – Monthly culture events, celebrations, team outings and social hours.