Software Test Engineer ($7,500 Sign on Bonus & Relocation Provided)
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
The subject Engineer is responsible for developing highly customized, purpose built, computer programs and data acquisition or control systems used in product testing and manufacturing environments. He or she will code in various languages and communicate with/control numerous test and measurement devices utilizing relevant industry protocols. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for developing reporting and analysis software and tools in support of Digital Advantage and Visual Factory initiatives.
- Using (C#) and (C++ Visual), develop GUI driven, Windows environment, software/hardware systems to control test equipment, Data Acquisition systems and similar devices, interfacing with and incorporating a variety of sensors, process controllers, motors, etc.
- Develop standalone or integrated custom Data Acquisition and Analysis programs for a wide audience of both advanced and novice end users.
- Apply hands-on skills to assemble enclosures, wire circuits and devices, or to otherwise build test equipment and acquisition systems.
- Support existing C#, Database, Project Tracking and similar software (custom and commercial).
- Interface with laboratory technicians and engineers to develop detailed list of requirements and software/hardware expectations.
- Rapidly provide customized software/hardware solutions in support of one-off, quick-turn testing needs.
- Create necessary support documentation and provide training (one on one and group).
- Interface with a variety of databases - SQL, Access, Oracle, etc.
- Maintain the integrity of test results by complying with Corporate, Business Unit and local quality system requirements.
- Remain abreast of emerging, disruptive technologies and recommend implementation into current processes, where applicable.
- Effectively manage and prioritize a diversified workload of short term/long term projects.
- Other duties as required.
What your background should look like:
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
WE ARE INCLUDING A $7,500 SIGN ON BONUS & A RELOCATION PACKAGE!
- Minimum of B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Electro-Mechanical, EE or similar field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a control systems environment
- Strong understanding of relevant networking protocols – Server, LAN, Cloud, familiar with IOT
- Superlative communication skills across a variety of mediums
- Working knowledge of GPIB, Serial, USB, and similar communication protocols a must
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Suite of products such as Windows 10, Office, Visual Studio, with a focus on C# and C++
- Skilled with Active/Passive electronic components, HP and Keithley Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Power Supplies, etc.
- Able to work independently, in teams and with others of diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of Data Analytics and Statistics a plus
- Previous testing, data acquisition experience a plus
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets