Failure Analysis & Reliability Engineering Manager (Relocation Assitance is Provided)
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity is seeing a manager to run our Harrisburg Failure Analysis and Reliability Engineering (HFAR) group. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Global Test labs of TE’s Aerospace, Defense and Marine business unit. The successful candidate will lead the team in failure analysis projects to determine the causes of failures and to identify corrective actions for products including electrical and fiber optic connectors, relays, and sensors. This position thus provides the opportunity to gain broad knowledge of both the design and function of the full range of products from all TE Connectivity segments and the manufacturing processes used in their production. The manager will also be involved in projects to define and oversee test programs and perform statistical data analysis to determine the reliability of products in specific use conditions.
The best candidates will also have experience in product testing and test methods and guide others in the appropriate use of these methods or develop new test methodologies.
- Lead multiple failure analysis projects simultaneously to identify failure cause and corrective actions
- Develop investigative plans to ensure identification of cause will be done efficiently
- Organize work of the engineers and support technicians
- Planning and executing reliability test programs
- Performing advanced statistical data analysis of test data
- Reviewing and writing detailed reports of findings
- Identifying and developing new analysis technologies to improve failure analysis and reliability testing capabilities
- Creating talent development plans for the Failure Analysis engineers and Technicians in the skills needed for the group.
- Internal and external customer interactions, delivering and interpreting report results.
- Developing department budgets, identifying and justifying needed capital equipment, and overseeing acquisition of equipment and related infrastructure improvements
- Ability to self-prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, adapting to regular changes in priority
- Structured failure analysis investigation
- Direct communication with internal and external customers should be a strength.
- Excellent written communication to develop comprehensive engineering reports
- Ability to read product drawings
- Statistical data analysis
- Knowledge of DoE
- Knowledge of reliability testing
- ASQ Reliability Engineer Certification a plus
- Familiarity on use of any of the following equipment is a plus: Electrical multimeters, Data loggers, CT X-ray, Scanning Electric Microscope
What your background should look like:
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS PROVIDED BY TE!
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
BS in Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical preferred
10 years minimum in an engineering role: Design or testing of electrical connectors, contacts, relays, fiber optics, and/or application tooling preferred
Advanced statistical analysis
Failure analysis methods and analysis tools
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets