Business Development Manager - Data Services
Location: Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Here at TE Connectivity, it is an exciting time to join our team in the United States. We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) to join our growing team. BDM is mainly responsible for identifying and attracting new opportunities and/or projects to increase the customer share for TE Energy and driving the project pipeline within the data center space.
TE Connectivity Ltd. is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
About the Role
The Business Development Manager is responsible for developing and executing new projects and accounts with hyperscale owners, contractors, and any other company within the data center value chain. The Business Development Manager has North America responsibility to become a strategic partner and to increase market share, revenue, account penetration and customer satisfaction.
What your background should look like:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders (executive level relationships and key decision makers) in the customer, apply professional selling methodology and leverage these relationships to position TE Energy as a preferred supplier.
- Design knowledge of data center systems, grounding, and other related applications
- Already possess data center network with experience working with the Big 5 owners
- Research and development in new technology for new product development and stay current on technological developments in the field. Generates new ideas, goes beyond the status quo; recognizes the need for new or modified approaches
- Actively monitor & maintain KPIs of customer relative to supplier performance standards. Proactively promote the value which TE brings to the customer (with data / results) and work to efficiently service the account.
- Financial tracking and reporting of strategy and business development efforts, regional performance, and business planning results.
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. technical/business degree and 2+ years related experience
- Preference will be given to candidates that possess technical backgrounds and have experience with data centers
- Experience managing project teams, both directly and through matrix organizations
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong customer service skills with focus on listening to the customer.
- Working knowledge of engineering design, procurement, and construction practices and procedures. Multi-project execution experience.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $106,000 – 159,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets