Sustainability Manager - Full Product Lifecycle (Global Location)
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Sustainability Manager will have the opportunity to develop sustainability strategy and implement programs and tools to report, calculate and improve carbon emissions in supply chain and products, and bring sustainability requirements in early stages of product/process development and procurement processes.
If you are looking to take your sustainability performance to another level - than this is the right job for you. You will have the opportunity to work on projects that will drive energy efficiencies for years to come. You will also drive renewable energy deployment for a global enterprise that your peers can only dream of.
THIS ROLE CAN BE BASED IN THE AMERICAS, MEXICO, EUROPE OR ASIA. But must be fluent in English and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Support TE sustainability strategy and develop CS Segment sustainability strategy and plans
- Align sustainability strategy with business functions and sites to ensure it is designed for execution and performance indicators drive actionable actions
- Initiation of action towards the reduction of environmental/carbon footprint and achieve TE and Segment sustainability goals
- Establish programs and work with various function teams to meet customer expectation on sustainability
- Develop methods and tools to report, calculate, analyze, and improve carbon footprint in products and operations (Scope 1 & 2 & 3 GHG emission reduction, product carbon emission reduction)
- Lead and support in sustainability projects, and maintain a detail project management plan including project schedule, progress on deliverables, roadblock identification, and needs to complete deliverables on time
- Engage with Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement and Logistics to ensure CO2 is part of the decision matrix, and be an interface for these business functions in Sustainability
- Lead or support Engineering and collaborate with COE/ME as well as other function teams in the development of environmental life cycle assessments for products and processes
- Drive energy efficiency, renewable energy deployment, water and waste reduction projectsand programs and tools at all sites
- Develop and deliver sustainability training to all level of employees
- Support communication and collaboration with external stakeholders (customers and supply chain)
- Undergraduate degree in sustainability or engineering or science degree
- Hands-on experience calculating product carbon footprint, environmental life cycle assessment, circular economy, or product stewardship/product compliance
- Minimum of 7 years of sustainability or equivalent professional experiences
- Fluent in English and have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be able to work with stakeholders located in different countries and time zones
- Ability to make travel at rate estimated to be 25%
- Strong commitment to improve sustainability performance and drive timely and accuracy of reporting
- Experienced in working and collaborating with a global cross functional team
- Ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders
- Have quick self-learning ability
- Have courage to manage, challenge, take responsibility and handle conflict
- Ability to analyze and prioritize needs and solve problem
- Ability to conduct data analysis
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $100,600 - $150,800 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets