SOURCING SUPPORT I
Location: Medway, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The qualified Buyer should be collaborator who has an affinity for building relationships, creating and analyzing reports, negotiating pricing and establishing contracts/agreements. The ideal candidate has general supply and inventory knowledge. The Buyer provides critical support to the MicroGroup team and delivers cross-Plant supply chain strategies to the larger business segment. The Buyer will play a role in supporting projects involving inventory maintenance, material ordering, issuance of purchase orders. The Buyer will be instrumental in maintaining office/operation supplies & services (example chemicals, paper, pallets, uniforms, repair parts, cartons), and maintenance parts at each manufacturing site.
- Manage the purchasing process by providing the proper goods and services, as required by the operations, on timely, competitive, and cost-effective basis.
- Identify, create, and simplify all MRO purchased items for the division.
- Develop a process, assemble data and analyze by each manufacturing facility, and issuance of purchase orders to suppliers.
- Manage pricing, budget, forecast, inventory, and contracts/agreements
- Issuing terms and conditions for all purchase’s and manage all warranties, claims and complaints relating to purchasing or supplier activities.
- Manage various plant and administrative services.
- Develop and manage network of vendors and suppliers to ensure consistent supplies at competitive prices.
- Facilitate and maintain quotations for all products in timely manner.
- Support and assist Maintenance, Operations and office Personnel to help order items as needed.
- Develop working relationships with each manufacturing and office area to gain understanding of Plant needs and expectations.
- Analyze existing internal and external data to communicate anomalies and opportunities for efficiencies.
- Provide comprehensive analysis to support supply chain solutions.
- Provide cross-functional support by completing special assignments, perform data analysis and provide historical and future data.
- Communicate with various functional teams, as well as provide up to date information, resolving processing issues.
- Analyze metrics to identify data trends and make strategic recommendations for continuous improvement of supply chain activities.
- Drive quality improvements with suppliers using various corrective action methods and support supplier development initiatives.
- Assist in MRO supplier contract review including analysis of the approval criteria
- Develop monitor and maintain Kanban system of supplied goods
- Maintain inventory and re-order points to ensure uninterrupted service to all departments
- Source and enter orders for outside vendor processing
- Review and release work orders for outside processing
- RFQ’s to vendors for new parts, changes, and reworks as needed
- Ensure PO’s are processed and received in a timely manner and provide details on when material will be returned in house
- Expedite/push out orders are needed
- Works with cross functional areas, AP, material, engineering, etc.
- Establish supplier lead time, consumption rates, lot sizes, and shipping parameters.
- Track MRO/Outside vendor spend and pricing to develop cost saving opportunities.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What your background should look like:
- High school education or equivalent required
- 1-3 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of standard purchasing practices and procedures
- Must possess strong administrative and organizational abilities.
- Ability to work accurately with numbers and details.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of Company personnel, vendors, and others.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, managers, employees and suppliers.
- Proficiency with Syteline and Epicor and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willingness to work in high energy, fast paced environment
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arm; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: General office environment.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets