SR MGR PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Product Management Teams manage all aspects of a product, from driving new product development to manufacturing to marketing. They are responsible for overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans in order to meet sales and profit targets. The Data and Devices (D&D) business unit of TE Connectivity has an opportunity for a Sr. Manager, Product Management to lead the Channel Focus product team.
The Sr. Manager, Product Management will develop short- and long-range strategies and roadmaps for the product assignment to maximize market potential, sales volume and profit margin. This role will interact and collaborate extensively with global cross-functional teams in engineering, sales, marketing, manufacturing and customer support, as well as the global supply chain, to implement strategies which will achieve diversification in product offering, markets, customers, supply chain and the geographic scope of the business. The Sr. Manager, Product Management manages all aspects of developing and implementing strategies for new business opportunities including active participation in industry standards organizations and influencing key decisions which directly impact the long-term competitiveness and success of the Product Lines.
- Responsible for leading a cross functional team to deliver major customer programs, typically consisting of multiple projects or sub-projects, within budget and time limitations, in accordance with technical specifications, and in fulfillment of profit objectives
- Manages a customer program (e.g., a customized engineered solution (or product(s)) for an end customer platform) from bid preparation through production
- Develops all aspects of programs, including planning, budgeting, staffing, schedules and performance metrics, and to meet contractual/project requirements, promoting the program throughout the organization and tracking utilization
- Ensures that activities follow organizational policies and any relevant external regulations
- Monitors and reports performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met; arrange modifications as required and evaluate program effectiveness by collecting and analyzing data in support of key performance metrics
- Assembles cross-functional program team with members from engineering, procurement, sales, production, materials management, quality, etc., serving as the main point of contact for the customer for all negotiations, decision making, scheduling issues, and problem solving throughout the program
- May supervise the work of program or project staff to ensure that work in completed on time or in accordance with established standards or specifications
- Provides reports and updates to senior management or other stakeholders
What your background should look like:
- 10+ years of product management, sales, or other relevant experience
- Relevant product or industry experience highly desired
- 4-year technical or business degree required
- Advanced degree (MBA) and/or relevant P&L management experience preferred
- Strong business acumen with an ability to understand technically complex concepts
- Creative and innovative thinker able to provide input on the development of the product strategies and the relevant business plans with the ability to execute
- Proven ability to multi-task and drive results in a dynamic, high paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, planning, organization, and teamwork skills
- Experienced leader with an ability to influence cross functional teams and to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Advanced presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to foster understanding and acknowledgement of critical information both up and down the organization
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets