Senior Manager Business Development - Remote
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
With a 50-plus year history of leadership, TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a global, $14.3 billion company that designs and manufactures over 500,000 products that connect and protect the flow of power and data inside the products that touch every aspect of our lives. Our nearly 100,000 employees partner with customers in virtually every industry—from consumer electronics, energy and healthcare, to automotive, aerospace and communication networks—enabling smarter, faster, better technologies to connect products to possibilities.
TE’s vision is: “Creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future.” This vision is driving us to build the kind of company that customers turn to first to meet their connectivity needs. We have made significant progress towards achieving our vision and strengthened our company to better serve our customers. Today, we have the broadest offering of highly engineered solutions in our industry. Our engineers work side-by-side with many of our customers, serving as an extension of their own product development organizations. Our supply chain is in closer proximity to our customers’ factories, allowing us to deliver faster with shorter lead times. Most importantly, no matter where our employees work in the company or their function, all of us are committed to providing our customers with an extraordinary experience that sets TE apart.
Our customers include automobile, telecommunication, computer, industrial, aerospace, and consumer products manufacturers that operate both globally and locally. Our customers also include contract manufacturers and third-party distributors. We serve customers in over 150 countries and maintain a strong local presence in each of the geographic regions in which we operate.
TE sells directly to customers and through Channel Distribution partners around the globe. In the Channel business, we work closely with our partners to provide our end customers with our products and solutions across our various end markets.
TE Connectivity is seeking a Senior Business Development Manager to join our rapidly growing global organization.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
The Channel Strategy and Business Development team provides cross-functional support across TE’s range of businesses.
This position will:
- Support and provide thought leadership to senior stakeholders and peers to identify, analyze, define, recommend, and drive growth ideas.
- Establish and lead growth projects from concept to completion.
- Establish and improve organizational capabilities (people, process, playbook, tool, execution), and lead or support the maturity journey of BUs and functions.
- Communicate ideas, findings, recommendations, and plans to the organization to influence behaviors and business decisions.
- Identify, compile, and analyze data, generate constructs and frameworks to synthesize results, identify impactful opportunities, utilize creative problem-solving, generate and validate strategies, recommend projects and actions, and execute those to completion, leading or collaborating with cross-functional, cross-BU teams.
- Support the strategic planning process and strategy reviews.
- Identify, evaluate, and negotiate business development opportunities with internal stakeholders.
- Establish and lead, support, or oversee ongoing reviews, report outs, and other function and team responsibilities.
- Lead one or more Strategy and Business Development professionals and be accountable for their performance and career development.
- Key projects may include:
o Developing go-to-market strategies.
o Optimizing customer service models.
o M&A-related projects.
o Supporting and developing key sales & marketing initiatives.
o Cost-to-serve reductions.
What Your Background Should Look Like
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science, or engineering from a leading institution; MBA preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience in various roles (e.g., sales, business development, or marketing) in a corporate environment. Preferred 2-3 years with a top-tier consulting firm and/or internal corporate strategy/business development group.
CAPABILITIES, QUALIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE
o Cross-functional leadership: arrive at a conclusion using compromise, persuasion, rationale, and diplomacy. Ability to lead change throughout an organization.
o Conceptual and analytical problem-solving: think critically, using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
o Managing multiple tasks / projects: work in a fast-paced environment in a self-directed manner.
o Thought leadership and decision-making founded on strong analytics, strategic thinking, creativity, and business judgment.
o Attention to detail and producing consistent, measurable results.
o Drive: pursue tasks with energy and follow-through, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
o Rapport: establish credibility with as well as influence business partners.
o Oral and written communication skills: communicating ideas and plans to executives, sales teams, and other stakeholders.
o Strong intellectual curiosity coupled with desire to learn and improve constantly.
o Direct report management, providing mentorship, development opportunities, and meaningful performance reviews.
o Strategy practitioner, well-versed in the theory and tools of strategy formulation as well as the practical implementation of strategy within a complex organization.
o Proven track record of delivering complex, multi-disciplinary programs / initiatives from concept through execution.
o Systems savvy: Advanced capabilities in Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of analytical software (e.g., Tableau) and coding language preferred.
o Experience with direct and indirect channels to market. Industry knowledge and experience working with distributors.
o Marketing strategy, segmentation, value proposition, VoC, go-to-market (direct and indirect).
Remote employee working from home located within the United States.
EMPLOYEE CORE VALUES
All employees must adhere to the following core values: customer first, accountability for performance, innovation and adaptability, positive energy, respect and teamwork, absolute integrity.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
Much of the work will be in a normal office environment. The ability to clearly and comfortably view, interpret and process iformation via a computer monitor for extended periods of time during normal working hours is required. Some assignments may require extended periods in another plant/office location. Approximately 10-15% of domestic and international travel is required.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $175,000.00 - $200,000.00 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets