Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity's Machinist Team's responsibilities include, assignment planning, layout, set up, operating and making tool adjustments for various types of manual and CNC machine shop equipment, including Surface Grinders, Milling Machines, Sinker EDM and Wire EDM Machines. Working from electronic models and drawings, blueprints and sketches to produce required tooling to dimensional specification and finish. Communicating across shifts and directly with other team members and engineers to understand the purpose of a part assembly. Every team member is also responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
Job Responsibilities & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Successful completion of a 2 or 3-year Machining program required
- Experience in CNC Milling, Turning, Heat Treat of Tool steels, and Surface Grinding.
- 3, 4 and 5 Axis Milling and Hard Milling experience a Plus.
- Experience in CNC Wire EDM, Profile Grinding, and Sinker EDM.
- Reads & interprets product blueprints, including geometric tolerance notations.
- Basic knowledge and experience working with CAD solid models
- Checks parts for conformance and any other applicable quality standards. Use items such as micrometers, height gages, dial indicators, go/no go gages and any other measuring instruments, as required.
- Proficient in English language
- Proficient in basic computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be detail oriented, dependable, and motivated
- Must be flexible and willing to change tasks and shifts