BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST II - Remote
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
At TE we strongly believe that data and analytics are strategic drivers for future success. We are building a world class advanced analytics team that will solve some of the most complex strategic problems and deliver topline growth and operational efficiencies across our business The Analytics team at TE is part of the TE Information Solutions (TEIS) Organization and is responsible for driving organic growth by leveraging big data and advanced analytics. The team reports to the VP and Chief Data Officer at TEIS, works closely with the SVP of Corporate Strategy, and has regular interactions with the company’s C-Suite.
We are on an exciting journey to build and scale our advanced analytics practice. TE is looking for a Senior Data Engineer. The suitable candidate should have demonstrated experience in designing and implementing ETL solutions on-premise and cloud platforms to support Enterprise data warehouse, Data Lake and advanced analytics capabilities. Success in this role comes from marrying a strong data engineering background with product and business acumen to deliver scalable data pipeline and BI solutions that can enable data for Self Service and Advanced Analytics at TE in a simple and standard manner.
You will be responsible to help defining ROI, requirements analysis, design and implementation data solutions on-premise and cloud. The candidate will work closely with project managers, vendor partners, business unit representatives, project sponsors and Segment CIO teams to deliver the solutions. The candidate is expected to communicate project status, issues and change control to all levels of management.
- Designs and develops ETL solutions using data warehouse design best practices for next generation Analytics platform
- Analyze data requirements, build data models, and determine the best methods in extracting, transforming and loading the data into the data staging, warehouse and other system integration projects
- Have deep working knowledge of on-prem & cloud architecture to address business requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance
- Document all ETL and data warehouse processes and flows
- Develop and deploy ETL job workflow with reliable error/exception handling and rollback
- Manage foundational data administration tasks such as scheduling jobs, troubleshooting job errors, identifying issues with job windows, assisting with Database backups and performance tuning
- Design, Develop, Test, Adapt ETL code & jobs to accommodate changes in source data and new business requirements
- Manage automation of file processing as well as all ETL processes within a job workflow
- Perform and coordinate unit and system integration testing
- Participate in design review sessions and ensure all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications
- Ensure data quality throughout entire ETL process, including audits and feedback loops to sources of truth
What your background should look like:
- 4+ years of Data Engineering experience in ETL design, development, optimization & testing using PL/SQL, SAP Data Services (BODS) or Talend etc.
- 3+ PL/SQL, Complex SQL Tuning, Stored Procedures, Data Warehousing best practices etc.
- 3+ years of experience in relational or Cloud database design, optimization and performance; preferably with AWS (S3 and Redshift), SAP HANA, BW, and Oracle.
- 3+ years of experience in developing flows using batch, Realtime and streaming process to personalize experiences for our customers.
- 2+ years of experience in designing service-oriented architecture (SOA), RESTful APIs and enterprise application integration (EAI) solutions utilizing MuleSoft Platform
- Strong problem-solving capabilities. Results oriented. Relies on fact-based logic for decision-making.
- Ability to work with multiple projects and work streams at one time. Must be able to deliver results based upon project deadlines.
- Willingness to flex daily work schedule to allow for time-zone differences for global team communications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A master’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied mathematics, software engineering, physics, or related quantitative discipline.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $65,000 – $75,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets