Manufacturing Technician I
Location: Fairview, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Purpose of Position:
To provide high level of technical support to the Manufacturing Engineers and Continuous Improvement teams. This position will be in the manufacturing engineering group on 1st shift.
- Accountable to the engineers and production teams for performing the assigned technical and/or documentation tasks on schedule.
- Participate in research; design, plan and conduct experiments; build prototypes and/or samples; plan and coordinate evaluation runs; test materials; monitor pilot runs as assigned by engineers/ CI teams.
- Assist engineers in the design, development, and introduction of new processes.
- Establish and analyze experiments in support of engineering or manufacturing operations.
- Develop manufacturing procedures, and illustrations.
- Work with teams to plan and collect data for problem solving or process improvements; assist in resolving problems.
- Prepare engineering reports.
- Support the CI teams in the day-to-day identification and resolution of production issues.
- Equipment troubleshooting and repair
- Will lead projects and provide technical guidance to other team members
What your background should look like:
- Experience as a maintenance or engineering technician in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Troubleshooting skills/experience and mechanical knowledge
- Minimum High School diploma required, 2-year technical degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience with electrical wiring and testing is desirable
- Self-starter and willing to take ownership of issues/processes
- Computer skills, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required
- GD&T and electrical drawings knowledge required
- PLC selection and programming experience is desireable
- Electromechanical relay knowledge/experience preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note: This position involves working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets