ASSEMBLY OPERATOR III
Location: Tullahoma, Tennessee
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Assembly Teams operate assigned automated assembly machinery, ensure component flow, troubleshoot and correct machinery issues to ensure quality and productivity. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
- Follow quality and safety standards when performing assigned tasks. Must be able to visually identify quality defects
- Contribute to a culture that promotes safety as its overriding priority
- Be capable of reading, writing, & communicating in English
- Capable of performing repetitive tasks
- Must have great manual dexterity
- Capable of reading, comprehending, & following provided standard work instructions
- Have basic math and problem solving skills
- Must be able to meet assigned goals
- Willingness to train other employees on how to perform the job
- Have an understanding of our product specifications
- Be able to gather output from the machines
- Capable of using calipers and performing an inspection plan
- Have a professional demeanor and be capable of coaching & leading other employees
- Capable of performing basic maintenance on equipment
- Be capable of troubleshooting auxiliary equipment (ex. Dryers)
- Be able to input a program into a machine and make adjustments to the process when necessary
- Performs job changes
- Performs hourly checks on production cells
- Monitors production cells to verify that hourly goals are being met, machines are working properly, and employees are performing their assigned tasks correctly
- Other duties as needed
What your background should look like:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least one year of experience as a Molding Operator I or II at TE Connectivity, or 2 years of related injection molding experience.
- Graduation from SIM I & II Class with a grade of 80% or greater.
- Graduation from DRC Series and DT Series Inspector Training Class with a grade of 90% or greater.
- Experience with calipers and performing inspection plans.
- Previous leadership experience, preferred.
- Be capable of standing or sitting for an eight to twelve hour shift, operating two handed equipment that requires complete mobility of hands and wrists.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets