Manager, Project Management Office - Remote
Location: Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Manager, Project Management Office (PMO) ensures product development and manufacturing projects across TE’s IVD Solution Business are executed effectively and efficiently, assuring delivery on time and within budget/scope. Develops and maintains best-in-class project management methodologies, standards, and tools to support the delivery of business objectives. Lead a team of Project Management professionals. Foster a collaborative and constructive relationship with NPD (New Product Development) and Operations groups and partner with the Executive Leadership Team and key stakeholders across the organization in the planning, development, implementation, and optimization of projects.
What you would do:
Lean PD (Product Development) implementation: Implement a highly impactful New Product Development process across all functions, including use of cross-functional core teams, alignment to NPD stage gates, business/commercial requirements to pass each gate, best in class business case development, and alignment to the overall IVD Solutions business strategy. Continuously review and refine processes as needed.
PMO Governance. Develop, implement, and keep effective project management governance, procedures, tools, and financial controls, including dashboards, templates, policies, and key performance indicators. Establish the PMO role and create a Center of Excellence in alignment with Project Management Institute (PMI) guidelines, quality standards, and company requirements. Build the skills of the project management organization to include strong program and project governance and delivery skills – initiation, planning, execution, status reporting, financials, stakeholder management, resource management, change management, risks, issues, dependencies, and prioritization.
Leadership. Oversee daily management of Project Management team; ensure delivery of projects/programs on time, within scope and on budget. Monitor and understand business requirements to ensure the proper resources of the department; support capacity plans/key performance indicators that are used to justify staffing needs. Promote and uphold a high performing culture through effective talent planning, selection, onboarding, and continuing education. Develop and deliver comprehensive training plans and materials to foster successful onboarding and employee performance. Provide ongoing coaching and mentorship supported by routine performance metrics to provide clear performance feedback and career development plans. Manage employee performance.
Prioritization. Ensure executive leaders have the information needed to assess and decide which proposals have the highest potential value, impact, and strategic alignment. Interface with executives to define project priorities, implementation opportunities, challenges and communicate project risks and opportunities. Collaborate with business leaders to translate strategic direction into a series of actionable, measurable projects/initiatives to achieve both short-term and long-term goals and objectives; set up portfolio-level success measures. Facilitate discussions about new or potential initiatives, bringing in the proper decision-makers to make sure these ideas and underlying risks are properly vetted. Accountable for ensuring delivery target metrics achieved including milestone on-time completion rates, the successful delivery of technology solutions which are being undertaken to address strategic objectives.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ of experience with progressive responsibility in healthcare related field
- Leadership experience and Project Management Professional (PMP) or PJMP certification preferred
- Advanced-level knowledge of project and change management, methodologies, techniques, processes such as Project and Portfolio Management Methodology (PPM) and Lean PD.
- Experienced in PPM processes including intake, priority governance, budget, cost, and profitability management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, particularly on challenging, complex, and difficult issues to develop solutions that address root causes.
- Motivated to build relationships at executive levels with customers, and vendor groups.
- High-level of communication, interpersonal skills to cultivate and maintain relationships
- Ability to influence without authority, proven success with outreach strategies.
- Ability to develop and deliver training to small and large groups
- Flexible, adaptable, and resourceful when managing changing timelines and multiple deliverables.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to establish and manage a high-performance team; proven ability to mentor and develop staff.
- Expected travel: <10%
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $115,000 - 150,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets