Financial Analyst / FP&A - Hybrid or Remote
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
I. Purpose of Position
This role responsible for supporting manufacturing operations, business partnering with the controllership team, operations leadership, and cross functional teams to provide analysis, insights, and reporting. In addition, this role will drive standardization of operations finance processes and reporting across the Automotive Americas business.
II. Key Responsibilities
- Lead monthly analysis of costs and absorption (recovery) to completely understand variances of actual results vs. forecast, identifying and quantifying trends that can be expected to continue vs one-time impacts.
- Prepare ad-hoc and month-end analysis and recommendations on operations finance areas, both plant and non-plant cost impacting gross margin.
- Drive budgeting and forecasting process across all operations functions.
- Direct responsibility for Quality, Advanced Engineering, Digital Factor, Operations Management / Operations Center of Excellence / Strategy teams.
- Direct and mentor the operations support team, both potential direct and in-direct reports.
- Key Business Partnerships: Plant Controllers, FP&A, Costing Teams and Operations Function
- Position reports directly to the Sr. Finance Manager – Operations Finance
- Interacts, supports and supplies expert input with multiple levels / positions within the operations function and others within the finance team.
IV. Measures of Performance
- Drives continuous improvement action items with the team.
- Financial reporting completed timely and accurately with root-cause level of understanding for manufacturing variances.
- Involved in the business through the sales planning process and uses awareness of business decisions and changes to ensure they are reflected properly in the forecast.
- Basic understanding of all products at TE and the manufacturing process used to create those products.
- Voice of the customer and Net promoter score leader and improvement agent.
- Able to summarize high volume data and provide high level analytics for management.
What your background should look like:
V. Background and Skill
- MBA/CPA preferred with 5-10 years of FP&A and/or Accounting experience
- High level of system software experience, SAP (required), Hyperion and BPC (preferred)
- Financial support of plant manufacturing experience required
VI. Personal Trait Profile
- Highly motivated and multi-tasking team player with a track record of problem solving and analytical skills that can be used to deliver results through leadership and excellent communication methods.
VII. Specific Tasks of this Role / Team (not all inclusive)
- Cost of poor quality reporting and analysis
- Monthly accounting lead for Non-Plant (teams defined above), and broad-based plant accounting related entries and analysis
- Plant Accrual Review / Review and approve monthly account reconciliations related to operations
- Support Fixed asset and Physical Inventories for Non-Plant functions
- Audit support for all operations functions
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets