SUSTAINING PROJECT MANAGER ENGINEER
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
- Generate reports (standard and customized) related to project execution.
- Lead assigned Core Teams to achieve defined objectives.
- Manage project scope, schedule, and budget for projects within the assigned business segment.
- Develop & manage projects plans and (as needed) gap closure plans.
- Follow established Stage Gate processes and assure integrity of project deliverables.
- Plan & lead Stage Gate reviews to business segment management
- Utilize enterprise level project systems to manage project plans, data, and actions.
- Manage project capital budgets and assure execution in alignment with business unit financial plan.
- Assure projects are completed in accordance with business unit objectives for On-Time Delivery and Quality.
- Establish and maintain project scope throughout the project lifecycle, including initial setting of scope, and scope change management.
- Establish and maintain an accurate project schedule using Microsoft project or similar based on commitment from Core team members, customer, and all project stakeholders.
- Conduct status meetings with internal Core Team and external customers.
- Track project lessons learned and manage best practices.
- Proactively identify & resolve risks & issues and establish escalation path on all projects.
- Manage project communication, risks, and schedules.
- Communicate frequently, clearly, concisely with the project team and all stakeholders including senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing projects with new product development and sustaining projects.
- General knowledge of Operations/Manufacturing processes.
- Industry experience of the connector market would be desirable.
- Experience with LEAN development processes and gate milestone development.
- Travel domestic and international
Experiences & Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Culturally sensitive.
- Experience running global projects with virtual teams.
- Strong ability to set goals and lead and motivate team members.
- Ability to work within a cross functional team to customize variable reports.
- Ability to run multiple projects at the same time, global focus.
- Proactive, Resilient and Self-confident.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets