SUSTAINING PROJECT MANAGER ENGINEER
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Perfection not required
Excited about this role, but not sure if you meet 100% of the criteria? Employers would still love to hear from you.
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Experiences & Knowledge
TE Connectivity’s Engineering Project Management Teams manage cross functional engineering projects. They work with Product Management, Sales, Quality, Manufacturing, Finance, and other functions across TE to assure projects meet financial, schedule and customer expectations. They are responsible for defining and creating project schedules, portfolio management, communication and execution of programs, identifying resource constraints and working with management for resolution, while adhering to LeanPD processes.
- Generate reports (standard and customized) related to project execution.
- Lead assigned Core Teams to achieve defined objectives.
- Manage project scope, schedule, and budget for projects within the assigned business segment.
- Develop & manage projects plans and (as needed) gap closure plans.
- Follow established Stage Gate processes and assure integrity of project deliverables.
- Plan & lead Stage Gate reviews to business segment management
- Utilize enterprise level project systems to manage project plans, data, and actions.
- Manage project capital budgets and assure execution in alignment with business unit financial plan.
- Assure projects are completed in accordance with business unit objectives for On-Time Delivery and Quality.
- Establish and maintain project scope throughout the project lifecycle, including initial setting of scope, and scope change management.
- Establish and maintain an accurate project schedule using Microsoft project or similar based on commitment from Core team members, customer, and all project stakeholders.
- Conduct status meetings with internal Core Team and external customers.
- Track project lessons learned and manage best practices.
- Proactively identify & resolve risks & issues and establish escalation path on all projects.
- Manage project communication, risks, and schedules.
- Communicate frequently, clearly, concisely with the project team and all stakeholders including senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing projects with new product development and sustaining projects.
- General knowledge of Operations/Manufacturing processes.
- Industry experience of the connector market would be desirable.
- Experience with LEAN development processes and gate milestone development.
- Travel domestic and international
Experiences & Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Culturally sensitive.
- Experience running global projects with virtual teams.
- Strong ability to set goals and lead and motivate team members.
- Ability to work within a cross functional team to customize variable reports.
- Ability to run multiple projects at the same time, global focus.
- Proactive, Resilient and Self-confident.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
You’ve got this!