MOLDING OPERATOR IV - Processor - 3rd Shift
Location: Tullahoma, Tennessee
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Molding Teams operate assigned automated molding machinery, ensure component flow, troubleshoot and correct machinery issues to ensure quality and productivity. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
- Answers alarms and Troubleshoots Machine equipment (This includes metal detectors, hoppers, loaders, blenders, vision systems and thermolators.)
- Arrange for repair and maintenance as required
- Complete required paperwork to facilitate the repair and/or preventative maintenance process
- Follow safety guidelines
- Establishes new process parameters for mold start-ups and provides input to engineering
- Set up cameras and troubleshoot vision systems
- Start up and process molds with critical/difficult start up procedures
- Perform mold changeovers – this includes pulling and hanging molds, plumbing molds for correct water flow, inputting process parameters to guarantee product to Quality Inspection Plan and ensures product is being produced at a specified rate.
- Verification of process parameters per the IPCS (Internal Process Control Sheet)
- Provide instruction/training to other team members.
- Visually Inspect molded product, utilizing gages to inspect product per the Quality Inspection Plan and mold book.
- Identify and implement efficiency improvements
- Follow company and department guidelines, procedures and policies
- Maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area
- Perform special projects as required by engineering
- Other duties as assigned
What your background should look like:
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate degree in Plastics or similar subject is preferred
- Master Molder 1 and Master Molder 2 certification preferred
- Understanding of Plastics and de-coupled or scientific molding knowledge is preferred
- Understanding of Mold Tooling.
- Ability to establish new injection molding processes
- Ability to use measuring devices (calipers, micrometers, etc.)
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret technical diagrams and instructions
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work in order to successfully accomplish job duties
- Must be able to work with minimal direct supervision
- 5 years prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- RJG Training preferred
- Use of aerosol mold cleaners
- Must be able to lift a maximum weight of 55 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull a maximum weight of 65 lbs.
- Frequently extending hands and arm between knees and shoulder level; will handle & grasp frequently with hands
Frequent standing, walking and balancing throughout the day is required in this job. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (@ 20 inches or less) for small objects, color vision (must pass a color blindness test), and ability to adjust focus.
- This position is located at our Tullahoma, TN site.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets